Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah!!!!!!! I crashed my poor baby!!!!!!!!!!!NO NO NO NO NO NO!!:cheeky: :cheeky: :( :( It wasn't my fault though! I was coming up to an intersection in a quiet neighborhood, and i didn't have a stop sign. This guy completely blew past his stop sign and I nailed him. He was driving a stupid ford ranger, and I hit him with my front end and destroyed my front end and his front right area. My airbags deployed and cut my arm. MY POOR CAR!!! She's drivable but the radiator is a bit bowed, and the airbags are in the way, and the hood is scrunched up..I'll put the pics up on my homepage in a few days.:( My poor car. I am so mad! I have a front strut bar in the mail which arrives on tuesday, and I just got a centerforce stage 3 clutch installed! My lil baby Finny:( :cheeky:...This sucks big time. i was putting together the meet up in Washington too. Hopefully by then I will have a new G. ;) Give me some ideas. Should I get a P10,P11, not really into the G35's though, or maybe, dare I say, not an infiniti? I don't think I'll dare. But give me your thoughts:)

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would say get a 2002 g20 w/ sports package cuz if you can find one...its mad cheap right now.

stick with infiniti girl!!!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
I'm glad you're ok. Was the guy drunk, in a hurry, fall asleep or what? Man stuff like that ticks me off. And I'm really sorry about your car. As for your car you should try and remove the stuff you had on it. If you have the cash for a 2002 G20 sport I'd say buy two P10's and make one a race car and the other a street car. But that's just my opinion. If you only want one, it really depends on a number of factors as I'm sure you're aware of.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah. My guessing is that I'm gonna have around 4 grand after I have taken my rims, and sound system out. Luckily I still have the stock stereo. I really don't quite know yet.I'm not gonna try and fix her up again. for the third time! I've put her through enough hell in the last 7 months. Poor poor thing.
The thing about the stop sign was that we were coming from the state fair and there were temperary stop signs put around and the guy ran the tempereary stop sign. He was on his way to see his sister and isn't used to having to stop there. when the fair isn't here, it's an uncontrolled intersection. He told the officer that he didn't see the stop sign until he had passed it, so he didn't stop. I don't even know if he saw me coming or not. Nobody else saw it happen, but when I finally got myself out of the car there were like 10 of the neighbors all around us and said that they had heard it. I'm getting pics of my arm too. I apparently did some pretty good damage to my left arm bicep. It's swollen pretty nice. Looks like I'm flexing.:)
I won't want to buy a 2002 though, unless I get hella lucky and get 15000 for my pain and discomfort.:nervous: I think that i am gonna get another 93.5. i really liked mine.....before I totalled it the first time:(

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mine was wrecked before too. I bought it from my friend hella cheap, fix the front end, and just roll. I still don't have airbags. Anyway I hope you are feeling better. Oh yeah, get another G.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the only thing that had happened to it before my possesion was that about 5 years before hand my mom and i were backing out of the garage and she was talking to me and forgot to close the drivers door and the door was almost but not completely torn off the car. Other then that she was fine when I got her. Of course now....she's had a few more boo boo's.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your car. If it's not your fault then insurance should give you a little something for the G (RIP). Then you could use that towards buying a new car.

What you want is up to you. Get out there and see what car(s) take your interest the most. If it turns out to be another G, P10 or P11, then heck - go for it. Just make sure you stick with the 5-speed ...don't settle for the automatic like me... :)

Good luck and hopefully everything turns out well.

RIP (moment of silence?!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car. I share your pain. Some guy just rear ended me at a toll plaza about a week ago. I was so pissed!! I was stopped at the toll plaza waiting for the car in fron of me to pay and a nissan pathfinder SLAMMED into the back of my car. He didn't even hit the brakes, my car stopped him!!! I was so pissed off!! The guy claims that he was reaching for change and thought the car in front of me was going to go. What pissed me off is that he had a copy of his insurance at the scene of the accident but after my insurance contacted him it shows that his insurance was cancelled. I was pissed at the scene and now a week later to find out that he has no insurance makes me even more pissed off!!! This is the second accident on my beautiful car, once in the front and now in the rear. This sucks!!! Both were not my fault!!!! 1st one was by a drunk driver who ran a red light and she actually tried to fit it in court!!!Crazy drunk!! Anyway, just wanted to let you know that it does suck!! Sorry!!!!

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
whats with everyone crashing all of a sudden? still that sucks dude.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
That's one of my worst fears, someone ramming into my car because of their carelessness. Especially red light runners, I've seen too many "close calls". It's good to hear you're well g20chick, that's the most important thing. I think you should go for a P11 if you can afford it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
sure it totaled ?

may look bad but it may not be totaled , that is unless the inureance company already said it was . ive seen some bad crashes get fixed without totaling . ie my $650 87 sentra reciveing 1800 in repairs that insureace paid for as oppsed to totaling it ......it was never the same

then again im thinking 2200 in body panels alone, not includeing :raditaor core strightening ,airbag replacemnt, new radiator ,labor and paint getting mighty close to 5k dont think a 93.5 is worth much more than that as my low milage 96 is worth 8k.

if it comes down to it strip the car of all the goodies you can, thats for sure . take your time finding a ...sniff ...replacement a beatter deal always comes along .

seeing 99 p11s going for around 15k they only go up from there

id say insureance will give ya around 4000 for it , that will pick up some nice 91-93 p-10s, 93U-12s and 90-93 b-12 SERs ..ever think 240sx? maxima? G20s are hard to find anymore so may want to broaden your horizons ..did somebody say early VR6 Jetta?

shoot it was the same color as my g too ...sniff......

glad to see your ok , been wondering how bad the bags are in the p-10 after the whole U12 altima thing

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah..well I've already totalled her back in May. Crashed her last month, nad now I crashed. I KNOW she's totalled. She is probably only worth 3 grand, but I've put at least 4 grand into mods on her. So I'm not sure. I'll let everyone know what happens as it goes along. I'll know what's going on definatly by Friday.:rambo:

·
Registered
952 Posts
I feel your pain I just got mine back last month after a ass Ran a stop sign and hit me. My freinds said it was becasue he was Canadien. I never disliked Canadeins, hell I play hockey and LOVE Kids in the hall it's my favorite sketch comedy, but thats where they place the blame... sometimes pointing the finger helps you cope but it diddnt for me. I sat and read the forums all day.:bored: but now I have her back, just made a trip in her to cali and it's all good!:monkey:

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
what is this....the G20.net curse?!?!

Sorry to hear about that chicka....definately keep your eyes open on what ever you are looking at in the near future...a 240 would be nice and the P11's are starting at $15K for a 99, ulness you find a deal somewhere....

Glad to hear you werent hurt too bad...and at least youll know who the true stalkers will be....:lol:

·
Registered
952 Posts
I got my P11 99t automatic :( for 14'9 but alas a swap is coming soon!:p Manual trans

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
well folks..

Since I have been trying to sell my G20, I have a bit of info on the value according to KBB... The P10s are still worth some good money especially if they are lower mileage. For example, my 93.5 comes up as KBB over $7662 with 73 but a the 94 with 166K in LA someone from this board is selling comes up as just $6063 kbb so the year and the mileage doesn't necessarily mean the same thing. My 93.5 has less than half the mileage of that 94 and it makes it worth just over $1600 more the car one model year younger than mine... BTW: I plugged in the LA zip code for the 94 and my zip code for the 93.5 to make all things fair.

The g20 is still rated consumer reports best used car to have. BUT I've had negative experiences myself on an 'after accident' repair on my former Merkur XR4ti. On the other hand, I had a small accident repair (fender and bumper only for a total of just a hair over $700) on my former 98 Dodge Neon and noticed nothing wrong with it after repairs.

I think it is sort of 'hit-or-miss' -- no pun intended... :) on if the car will ride the same after being repaired again. How did the car ride after your last accident repair?

·
Registered
233 Posts
GDubinVegas said:
I got my P11 99t automatic :( for 14'9 but alas a swap is coming soon!:p Manual trans

Hey! What's this hatred for automatics I'm feeling? I love my auto trans especially when sitting in stop and go traffic. Although I think the power/comfort switch is totally worthless.

I've got over 120k on my auto trans and it's never been out of the car. All drive and no down time makes me a happy camper.
:lol:

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
i dunno myself

I personally didn't much care for the stick in the G20 (p10 OR p11) -- way too wishy-washy gear finding, heavy clutch petal, long throw, and truck like for my tastes.. not much fun factor if you ask me... my automatic p10 has served me well... and I have no complaints... I'm pretty picky about my stick shift.. I loved my former 90 Celica 5-speed and compared to the p10, it just make the p10 suc that much more... Infiniti just isn't known for their fantastic clutch cars. I hear the G35 is changing all that but time will tell...

·
Registered
952 Posts
so whats the alternative???

So whats the alternative??? Preformance auto tranny?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts