Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I was driving in snow and I took a corner, hit some ice, slid into the curb, and banged up driver-side front rim. I wasnt going fast (10 Mph) so I thought it wasnt that bad. But there is something wrong because my steering wheel is off and it pulls. Thats not all, when I leave it in 2nd at about 3800 Rpm and let go of the wheel then punch it, the steering will jerk and change lanes, is this normal ?

Will an alignment job fix all these problems ?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Sounds like you need an alignment...

I remember when I macked up into a curb last year doing like 50mph in my sis's AC integra, the same $hit happened with the steering alignment... I didn't tell her and so she kept driving it like that... After about 3 months her back tires were completely bald!

So definitely get the alignment checked out

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I'm hoping it's just the alignment. If you bent any suspension parts it might get a little 'spensive. Try out the alignment shop first. They will be able to tell you if you bent anything right off the bat.

Or you could jack up the front and compare the sides yourself. Remember to use jackstands if you get under the car.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I did the same exact thing. Fucked up the wheels, i bent a tie-rod so check that. Also i broke an ABS wheel sensor.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I agree with Jason, it may be something a bit more serious and would advise you get the suspension checkout. If any of the suspension parts/arms are out of line, it does cause the car to pull to one side. For example, here in the UK, there was a BIG HOO HAR concerning the 'M' registration Ford Mondeo's and how the majority of them pulled towwards the kerb. After a lot of cutomer complaints, Ford decided to look into it and discovered that the front suspension was mis-alined, they had to recall every single car and rectify the problem at no charge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts