Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm a big puss. I have a 2002 G20, and everywhere I go I get beat. The worst is my friends Prelude, that thing is soooo damn quick. It's gotten to the point where I don't even want to drive when we go out to cruise, because I'll just get my ass handed to me, time after time. Is there anything I can do to make my car faster? I heard that painting it yellow helps, but I'm not sure about that. It would also be sweet to make it front wheel drive, because right now it is rear wheel drive. The 6-banger under the hood really could use some improvement, anyone heard about putting a V12 in? Thanks for your help. Take care.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,886 Posts
haha v12 yeah right bro not even 6 would have enought room. best you can do is get a SR20DET and then add a turbo. i think you can do that. then look inot JWT they make cams, ecu. alos www.hotshot.com has avery good header from what i hear and also a CAI. but if you do all that yopur looking at lotsssss of money
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
If you're into Racing/Speed, then maybe a G20 wasn't your best choice.

To increase HP, you can get yourself a good exhaust sytem, ie: GReddy EVO which will add some extra HP. You can add a Header and Cold Air Intake from Hotshot. Also Advance your timing. Get JWT S3 Cams and ECU and UR Pulley's.

If you have lots of money, look into a SR20DET.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
what is this, a joke?? rear wheel drive G20? with a V6? swapping in a V12??

I'm confused:confused:

Are you sure you're driving a G20?

If you are, swap in a SR20DET....then you can run with that Prelude.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
GDriver21 said:
....I heard that painting it yellow helps, but I'm not sure about that. It would also be sweet to make it front wheel drive, because right now it is rear wheel drive. The 6-banger under the hood really could use some improvement, anyone heard about putting a V12 in? Thanks for your help. Take care.
Dude are you jokin aroung?!?! :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
It would also be sweet to make it front wheel drive, because right now it is rear wheel drive. The 6-banger under the hood really could use some improvement, anyone heard about putting a V12 in?
You talking about a G35?
 

·
G20.net Founder
Joined
·
2,110 Posts
Re: Re: I get my ass kicked

G_Rider said:
what is this, a joke?? rear wheel drive G20? with a V6? swapping in a V12??

I'm confused:confused:

Are you sure you're driving a G20?

If you are, swap in a SR20DET....then you can run with that Prelude.

G20 SpoRt 2002 said:


Dude are you jokin aroung?!?! :confused:
Thats what I thought. Funniest post I've seen in a long time. :D

NY G20 said:


You talking about a G35?
There is no way a G35 would lose to a 'lude in a drag race. Unless the 'lude was boosted or juicin'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Hmmm...

Paint it yellow huh.....

Anybody have the specific gains you get from yellow paint? 5,10 BHP?

Anyone investigated other colors.

Best thing you can do to make your car go faster is step on that pedal on the right side of the floor. Not the passenger side, just the right side of the drivers floorboard.

I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Yo Vinnie!!!

Hey Seaside Tony you should stay away from the strip if you don't wanna get beat in a G20. If you want to race everyone else in Seaside you should get a 5.0 Mustang, gear it up and go get 'em. That post is hysterical though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
BIG SECRAT!!!11

If you want to increase your horsepower beyond belief, invest in a body kit. :p

I think that guy is talking about a G20 Chevy van, hehe.

Dont worry about making your G fast. Just know that your car looks better than most of the little rice ones that drive around. What is the point of driving hard from a stop light? So you can see who has to slam on their brakes first at the next?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,266 Posts
NismoPC said:
sniff! sniff! sniff!...


...I think I smell a troll! :bored:
This is the weirdest thread I've come across in a long time. :p
Out of curiousity GDriver21, what did the salesperson tell you while he/she was selling you the car? :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
Look, take it from a real expert: painting your car yellow will give you only an extra 10hp at most, but that's only at the front wheels. The rear wheels will get 20hp, but that's only if you're sure you got the sunbright yellow paint. Getting a Viper GT/S style stripe adds power, but only to the left wheels so unless you wanna drive in circles, you should make it off-center to the right so you can blaze stoplight-to-stoplight in a straighter line, duh. Next, you need an Si sticker. What the heck, get 10 or 20 of them, preferably one on each body panel so that everyone knows what you got. Getting SiR or TYPE R is played out, so get Si, or y'know what? There's the new trend, EURO R! Yeah!!! G20 Euro R!!! The Accord Euro R is a performance beast, so getting that same badge on your car parallels your performance. Don't get GT-R cuz only wannabes get that, you don't wanna be a wannabe right?

Oh, and get a four inch exhaust or BIGGER, like this fellow: http://www.beaterz.com/reviews/0300/p49_mega_pipe/mega_pipe_back.jpg See? this exhaust is pretty good. It'd be better to just pump exhuast straight into the air without an exhaust at all, but you still wanna be legal don't you? So when the cops try to pull you over on this one,you can crawl into your tailpipe and the worse they can do to you is have you towed! Then just crawl back out and drive away, ticket free. Take it from an expert... this kinda exhaust is a lot easier to hide in than those newfangled twin tips.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
FF Drifter said:
Look, take it from a real expert: painting your car yellow will give you only an extra 10hp at most, but that's only at the front wheels. The rear wheels will get 20hp, but that's only if you're sure you got the sunbright yellow paint. Getting a Viper GT/S style stripe adds power, but only to the left wheels so unless you wanna drive in circles, you should make it off-center to the right so you can blaze stoplight-to-stoplight in a straighter line, duh. Next, you need an Si sticker. What the heck, get 10 or 20 of them, preferably one on each body panel so that everyone knows what you got. Getting SiR or TYPE R is played out, so get Si, or y'know what? There's the new trend, EURO R! Yeah!!! G20 Euro R!!! The Accord Euro R is a performance beast, so getting that same badge on your car parallels your performance. Don't get GT-R cuz only wannabes get that, you don't wanna be a wannabe right?

Oh, and get a four inch exhaust or BIGGER, like this fellow: http://www.beaterz.com/reviews/0300/p49_mega_pipe/mega_pipe_back.jpg See? this exhaust is pretty good. It'd be better to just pump exhuast straight into the air without an exhaust at all, but you still wanna be legal don't you? So when the cops try to pull you over on this one,you can crawl into your tailpipe and the worse they can do to you is have you towed! Then just crawl back out and drive away, ticket free. Take it from an expert... this kinda exhaust is a lot easier to hide in than those newfangled twin tips.

LMFAO!!!!!!! HAHAH Damn can you be anymore sarcastic!!:rolleyes: You I was thinking of getting one of those exhausts for my car, but I just havent gotton around to it!!! j/p LOL!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,021 Posts
Oh, for those who aren't familiar with Internet Forums:

Troll = "postwhore" or someone just posting random stuff or posting things intetionally trying to start flames (arguments).

Speaking of Yellow. has anyone ever seen a Yellow G20? I always see Yellow S4's and M3's. I think Yellow might look good on a P10...:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
After I read that you had a 6 banger in your G I had to get under my hood and look. I had to get my friend’s cousin’s brother uncle from across the street to show me how to open the hood. As I was standing they’re poking at the engine with a stick. We figured out that it was a 16-valve motor so I guess there is a piston for each valve. I think the lady that sold me the car must have done an engine swap or something like that. She sure was in a hurry to sell it to me. While the hood was open the paperboy came by and said it was front wheel drive car, not rear wheel drive like yours. He also said it had 6 wheels. It took me a long time to find the 2 that weren’t sitting on the ground. I found one in the trunk and the other in front of the driver's seat.

I think I might paint it electric blue, I read in "Hillbilly Digest" that color is as fast as lightning. If you paint yours yellow I think it will be a fast as piss running down someone's leg.

Got to go now I hear my cat barking.
:confused: :crosseyed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
There's a yellow G20 in the Wings West catalogue I have. Also I know of a G20 owner that had his G20 yellow, but coloured it something else I believe. He was on the AF forum, not sure if he's still around. The yellow didn't look too shabby personally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
guys... hes not seirious!
1) he said a honda was fast
2) he said painting it yellow makes a car faster
3) he said the g is RWD and a v6

hes making fun of all the morons who post dumb questions
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top