Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since I haven't been to AF in a month or two, I don't think it was the AF curse (again). Today, shortly after leaving school, I got rear-ended. I was behind a red minivan and in front of a red Ford Ranger. The minivan stopped rather quickly in front of me, and my 4 wheel abs discs stopped me nice & quickly.....unfortunately, the Ranger behind me couldn't stop in time and i got bumped pretty hard. It hit once, bounced back, then hit my car again. I knew the girl driving the truck, she was in one of my classes last semester. Thankfully NO MAJOR DAMAGE occured, i can still open my trunk. The bumper is pushed forward a little and there's a dent on the back of my trunk just below my license plate. I'm just glad my brakes held me back from that minivan....i don't have full coverage and that thing had a trailer hitch. Everyone in the car is okay, though my neck hurts alot. I'm still smiling though cuz there's only 3 days of school left. Just thought i'd share with yall and remind you to WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS....they saved my life when my mom flipped our 4Runner into a ditch last June.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yeah, same thing happened to me, just the third day I got my car. I was at a stop sign with traffic all around, then a Explorer came up too fast on me and slammed me right above my right rear tire, below the C-pillar. The guy drove off (probably no insurance) and he didn't even have plates, so no one could help me. :*( I'm finally getting the dent fixed this week though... $500 cuz I know the body shop guy.... Freaking SUVs....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Backed into a pole like an idiot. :(
I know the guy I'm sending it to but he gave me an estimate of around $788
Goodbye other stuff, Hello to another job.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Last year, when I first moved to Tex-ass I had always heard that traffic was real bad in the DFW area. I thought, paa-shaw, I'm from So. Cal what could be worse???
Well, I was on my way to a job interview with Delta airlines, I was at a stop light, two other vehicles were in front of me. I was looking around to see what was in town, then BLAM!! A friggin' 18-wheeler car carrier smashed into my rear end!! (Thank goodness it was empty)
So we pull off to the side, the trunk had some damage and the bumper was about destroyed with two very large holes in it as well (the truck had a sign held up by bolts that stuck out about 3-5 inches) What was really not funny was when the guy says to me in a ******* tone, "I didn't even see that tiny little car of yers!"
So of course I'm about flipped out cause 1)I was going to be late for a job interview 2)This was my 3rd day in town, and 3)This was the G-Ride!!!
I was very good and truly with held all my evil powers from erupting. The guy gave me all his info, I didn't have time to call the cops so off I went to my interview (Which by the way I didn't get :( ) But sure as shit, I did get a lawyer the next day, my car was reparied very quickly and I'm waiting for the second settlement check, woo hoo!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided to pay the extra few bucks each month for uninsured motorist coverage w/ my insurance. So if anyone hits me & drives off, i pay a small deductible and my insurance pays to fix it. My bumper already had more than a few scratches when i got the car, so now i can have those fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts