Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i replaces my alternator last month and my batery because the voltage regulator in the alternator was messed up. well i was driving down the road, and all of a sudden my car died on me. some guy helped me push start it, and luckily(so i thought) i was 20 feet from the infiniti dealership by my house. i pulled it in there, and the guy said that okay we will take a look at it. They gave me a loaner car, a new I30, nice, and i went on my way. the next day he calls me and says that the cable to the alternator needs to be replaced, okay i said how much. he told me $60 for the part and about two and a half hours. i asked the tech how hard it was to change, and he told me it was hard since it went underneath the intake? wtf is he talking about, so i said well if its that involved, you better just go ahead and do it, since i already paid for the damn diagnostic. so they fix it and he tells me that my alternator is bad, well shit i thought. well i changed the alternator again(luckily i have a lifetime warranty on it) today. so i open the hood and look at the wire they changed it is only about 14 inches, and i could have changed it in twenty minutes. so i am gonna call the sobs tomorrow and give them a piece of my mind0oh yeah and put a stop payment on my check. the damn thing did not go under the intake, he lied to me and i am not having that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I hope you definately stop payment on your check, I really hate the shithead mechanics at the STEALERSHIPS. Get them back by not paying them at all

·
Registered
880 Posts
This is the kinda crap I just can't stand and makes me happy I never take my car to the dealer to repair my car. I repair everything myself. I will only take the car to the dealer if I have no clue in the world what is wrong after doing every diagnostic that think it could possibly be. If you are even the least bit mechanically inclined i recommend you buy a FSM (Factory Service Manual) some tools and start doing things yourself. You'll save yourself major $$$ in the long run (perhaps even the value of your car eventually).

For example, I needed to take my car in for my 90K tuneup service. I got an estimate and they said after labor, it'll run about $840. They said it would take them all day (9hrs) plus the weekend (another 3). I told them bullshit! I can do this myself in half that time. So I took my car home, pulled out my FSM and my owners manual and bought and rented all the stuff I needed for the tune up. In the end I saved myself $560. I've done stuff like this several times already. I know I've saved myself over $1000 already and I've only owned my G for 9 months! That's 1/4 of what I paid for it. So try and do stuff yourself.

·
Registered
710 Posts
P10 WRC

Just checking...you did replace your alternator with a genuine nissan one right?

If you didnt...i sooo promise you that you will be replacing it every month. You need to get an OEM part if you didnt.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I second you on that Brian. That is the truth. If it isn't an OEM nissan alternator, you are gonna be screaming your head off everymonth. You better be sure it is.

BTW, are you a SERCA member? Because the Arizona chapter has some really cool guys in it, and, if you are a SERCA member you can get some really good deals on parts at Scottsdale Infiniti.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it is nissan, and the two before it where nissan too, i think it was just the cable that fried them. and yes i always do the maintenance on my car, i just had no idea why this kept happening and that is why i finally took it to the dealership. those hoze suck. i have changed the breaks, two fuel injectors, the alternator, and the belts so far on the car. not bad seing that it has 96k miles on it

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just keep in mind that putting a stop payment on your check puts you in breech of contract in most states. That means that the dealer can report you to a credit agency, can take you to court, and can often times force you to pay their legal fees.

I wouldn't recommend stopping payment on the check. Call them first and give them a chance to make things right. And next time, use a credit card to pay. That way you can have the CC company take care of things if something like this happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts