Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lastnight as i was crusin over to a friend's house to do a little party'n i was following a Celica Gt-s and a Duccati (?) Monster 750. We were makin our way throught town when we all ended up a light. well the guy in the GTS made it apparent that we thought he was cooler than the world and revved it alot. The guy on the bike just laughed and i just thought great one more time to prove my G slower than it should be. We the light changed and we were off and to my suprise the guy was in the GT-s was behind! After i the bike tore past me i put it in fourth gear and slowed down to the speed limit (by the way i was only goin 10 over, it was 45mph zone) So the the cool guy in the celica flew by us and ran the next light! I rolled down my window to talk to the guy on the bike and we both made fun of the guy. I guess he ahd an auto or somethin cuase i blew by him no prob and he was a car length behind at 55. So kids Don't street race!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah, i forgot to say that the Seminole Race way will be opening in Dec or Jan so i won't have to do this kinda crap for Shts and giggles anymore. Anyone thinkin about the panhandle for xmas?

·
Registered
520 Posts
He probably is a crappy driver or something cuz a Celica GT-S can and will dust you. There pretty fast. 100hp/litre.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
SeminoleG20 said:
Anyone thinkin about the panhandle for xmas?
You're gonna give me the panhandle for Christmas?? Cool.

I'll take it. =)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Oh folks, you're making as if the Celica GTS is going to eat the G raw for lunch. It might be rated with more horsepower but it's also depends on gear ratios and other factors.

Anyway, I do that sometimes when people try to challenge me. I would only take it up to the speed limit then release the throtlle and let the person pass afterward. No point in killing the innocence. :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
I'm not just using hp as the reason. It's a pretty good car. Faster than a Acura gsR and a good handler. And yeah, a stock GT-S would get in a stock G20's duudee shoot.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Mista McCoilover said:
And yeah, a stock GT-S would get in a stock G20's duudee shoot.
Hold up there.

If it was a stock GT-S 'auto' -vs- a stock G20 'manual', I would have to say that the G20 would come out ahead on a 1/8 or 1/4 mile track. Especially if it was a P10.

And SeminoleG20 did mention he thought it was a auto GT-S, so...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Nah. A (stock) celica GT-S would beat a (stock) Sentra SE-R[sr20de] in the 1/4 mile, so it would definately beat a P10/P11 no prob. P10 would have the only chance but it still couldn't pull it off. You have to understand my friend that a GT-S is a formidable opponent to a RSX type S. A G20 couldn't stand a chance. I love my G to death but I'm only speaking the truth. I believe that P11's put up low 16's or something in the 1/4. And I am talking about straigt line performance.

·
Registered
520 Posts
not really. Just letting people know that it really wouldn't go down like that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i really think that it was an auto or maybe a horrible driver. I test drove an auto Gts before i got my G and it wasn't fast at all. It didn't get up and go till real late in the powerband and like i said this wasn't a 1/4, it was to 55. I'm sure if it were manual i wouldn't be telling this story. Also i don't mean to blow my own horn but i have been driving standard cars since i was 15 so i know how to race with one which can turn the tide in any race.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yeah, were talking about the new ones right?

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Oh and his car is a P11

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
My friends has a GTS auto and the car is a slow ass POS. For a sports car my heavy weight auto P11 can hang with it and get it on the launch every day. When I get some auto trannie upgrades done I should be able to take him. ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah, it was the new body style

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so your are telling me i shouldn't shift into fourth goin 55 or slowing down to 45. I really hope you are joking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts