Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this idle issue with my car it stays at 1500 - 2000 rpms at a stop and idles really badly like hesitating even with new plugs and a new tps any sugestions it even makes my car hesitate off the gas and the car is still in gear while going down the road my a/f gauge is bouncing all over the place while this is going on if that helps you guys try to help me.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Make sure the TPS is plugged in. (I think if you change the position of the TPS, where it mounts to the throttle body, you can cause problems for the ECM computing proper air/ fuel mixture.)
Make sure the throttle rocker isn't somehow getting hung up.

Check for engine codes on the ECM.

Check to see where the ignition timing is set. If the timing is steady, when in Timing Mode, screw in the idle air screw on top of the Idle Air Control Valve, and see if you can lower the idle speed rpms.

For additional but relevant information, Determine if the ceramic on the spark plugs look too white (lean condition) or sooty or wet (rich condition

·
Registered
P11, DET/VE, Custom gt2871 setup, Custom suspension, Custom bushings, CalumRT ecu, [email protected]
83 Posts
And check the idle hose from IACV to piping, this hapens to me sometimes. Sometimes i forget to plug it , and weird problems occur lol.

·
Registered
P11, DET/VE, Custom gt2871 setup, Custom suspension, Custom bushings, CalumRT ecu, [email protected]
83 Posts
Make sure the TPS is plugged in. (I think if you change the position of the TPS, where it mounts to the throttle body, you can cause problems for the ECM computing proper air/ fuel mixture.)
Make sure the throttle rocker isn't somehow getting hung up.

Check for engine codes on the ECM.

Check to see where the ignition timing is set. If the timing is steady, when in Timing Mode, screw in the idle air screw on top of the Idle Air Control Valve, and see if you can lower the idle speed rpms.

For additional but relevant information, Determine if the ceramic on the spark plugs look too white (lean condition) or sooty or wet (rich condition
If your car was fine prior to this, i would not suggest to mess with the idle screw.

Seems to me the ECM is messing the timming because something is wrong and it is is safe mode or something like this. Or there is unmetered/overmetered air

1 - 7 of 7 Posts