Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went in to have them look at my side skirts to replace them. Well a hour and a half later after talking to 3 different people I found out that I don't have the original factory paint job. Something happened to my car during shippment and someone repainted the whole thing. The paint expert at INFINITI who has been doing this for 16 years walked me thru it and showed me where there were signs of a new paint job. He also said that there was no way INFINITI would do this it's not up to INFINITI standards and it didn't come from the factory like this. I had no idea it wasn't an INFINITI paint job, it looked fine to me. But now I know and I'm pissed off. The dealership I originally bought it from was in MI. I hope it's their fault so this can be rectified cause they didn't tell me when I bought it brand new with 7 miles on it. So anyway because of that my side skirts are not under warranty. I needed to get this out and let yall know.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
When they were showing that it was not an INFINITI paint job, what places where they showing you to prove to you that it wasn't a job done by them?
ie: How could they tell? I know you mentioned he has 16 yrs experience, but just curious to see if maybe even mine was re-painted :p.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the trunk is the easiest. Open the trunk and look in the top corner above the light there is a seal that kinda looks like a "S" if its flat or close to it its been redone. Also look at the inside of all the doors you could see some spray off of the clear coat and on the seal of the back window at the top. They pointed out how much of an "orange peel" look it has compared to all the others in the lot. The 3rd person I talked with also went over it w/ me and he runs the INFINITI approved body shop, he also comfirmed it. It's pretty obvious no need for a 2nd opinion.

·
Registered
520 Posts
dam dawg, somebody dicked you. I feel for you though.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
This is pure BS. If the car was delivered to you that way, unless it was spelled out before hand, it should be covered. I wouldn't accept that BS. The alternative is a lawsuit against the dealer and Infiniti.

Pure BS. Don't swallow it.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Take the dealership in MI to court mate.Do you have a sale of goods act in the U.S cos it sounds like to me they may have sold you somthing that was not as it was intendid to be.Some body i know in the uk bought a brand new land rover from a main dealer,after a couple of weeks it started to leak,have brake problems and a turbo problem (turbo diesel).He took it back time after time to get it fixed but was getting so pissed off he demanded they look more in to it.It turned out the vechlie he had bought was an ex factory test vechile all tarted up to look brand new.So they gave him his money back plus a new range rover vogue se (for free) plus a weeks of roading course.So you never know mate see what you can get out of the dealer.
GTUK

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I know that in the UK, the dealer have a device which they can use to test the thickness in paint on a panel. It emits a small current into the paint and gives a reading indicating what thickness it is, it can then be compared to factory specs and they can tell wether its been repainted. They sometimes carry this out when a customer comes in with a complaint for bodyrust or corrosion. Im assuming they can also do this type of check to justify there claims. Either way, if you bought the car with 7 miles new, you do have a good cause to complain and fight for compensation of some sort. I say, do it and dont back down.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Cant believe you bought a new car at 7 miles and it was repainted and the dealer didnt mentioned that. Take it back to the dealership you bought your car from and dont back down. Also give Infiniti a call and see what's up with that BS

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
You would be suprised at how many *new* cars have had body damage as a new vehicle. Many dealers do fix and respray the car, but normally only the damaged section, not the entire car.

Like Geo said, if thats how you got the car, you are not at fault...besides, dealers hate doing $h*t for free...keep after them

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just called INFINITI and they are going to track it down. They said that if it happened at the dealership, because they are independantly owned and operated, INFINITI consumer affairs really can't do anything I have to take it up with them myself. If it had happened at the port which it would be recorded INFINITI will pay for a new paint job or get it fixed cause I had it looked at by an INFINITI dealer who consumer affairs are calling to find out more details. They will let me know within 2 business days.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
ThunderG said:
They said that if it happened at the dealership, because they are independantly owned and operated, INFINITI consumer affairs really can't do anything I have to take it up with them myself.
:mad: BULLSH*T. Don't let tell you that. You bought your car brand new from the Infiniti stealership. Infiniti damn well better do something about it. You shouldn't have to be the one trying to get the stealership to cover the tab. :monster: :monster:

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
hold on, are we talkin 000007 or 007000 miles?

if its 7miles Ima cry and if its 7k miles I'd still be pissed.

I feel your anger

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was 0000000007 miles I bought 3 days before X-MAS in '98 paid cash and drove it home. And after all this time I find this out.

·
Registered
470 Posts
YO MAN FUCK THAT SHIT!!!! YOU TAKE THAT DAMN REPAINTED SIDE SKIRT MESSED UP G20 AND YOU BRING IT BACK TO THE MI DEALERSHIP AND BITCH THEIR FUCKING LYING ASS OFF!!!

*sorry for the caps*

THEN YOU DEMAND THAT THEY TAKE THAT DAMN CAR BACK AND EITHER GIVE YOU A BRAND SPANKIN NEW G20 (of course with reimbursements for the modifications that you have done) OR A BRAND NEW G35.

Don't leave until they do those freakin bastards....YOU SHOULD RUN THEM OVER WITH YOUR CAR!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
remember to walk into the dealership where you got the car like crying and if you have to sue em add in mental anguish into the suit, make sure and get them for all they have.

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
yup

This sounds like a VERY clear cut case to me! I'd talk to the dealer's owner first to give them a chance to rectify the situation and if they say 'too bad' or no-can-do, then tell them that you will see them in court! ...and get a good lawyer to help you out on this! This sounds like an EASY win on your part and the dealership must know this once you go to them with the situation. Please do tell us what happens!

·
Registered
201 Posts
that is just plain ol' FUCKING BULL SHIT! i can't believe that a reputable company like infiniti/nissan would do something like this. i do believe it however, b/c of the cost cutting measures that everyone is taking, including cutting as many corners as possible (i.e. worldcom, enron, the such) in no way do i suggest that nissan is in this caliber of companys, but this is bull shit.

you should definitely take action whether it be dealership contact, specifically the dealer manager or dealer owner, or whether it be legal if it comes to that.

hope all works out in the end. it usually does and i hope you get well compensated for your troubles. just sue for 8 or 9 million and when you settle out of court for 3 or 4 mil just buy everyone here det's:lol: =)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts