Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup just like the tittle says I need a new Engine. Because it's making a knocking noise when I rev it more than 2500 RPM's it sounds kinda like a Rod or a Piston but it idles right at 800 rpms still it runs good still but that noise. I was searching and saw that it might be a bearing. So i might go pick up an engine this weekend it's a JDM one for $295. I just wanted to know its going to be from a 1993 Sentra SE-R so that means that one is High-port right? And I would need to use my Throttle body and manifold?

That engine all ready comes withe the Intake cam that's stronger right?

Ohhh and my car is Obd2 Will it still pass smog? even dohhh it has the Diffrent intake cam than the one from the 95 G20? Well it run right or would i have to get it tuned because of that cam?

Thank u in advadse for all your help

And yes im still searching but faster help is always aprreciated i've been searching lots of pages all ready

·
Registered
844 Posts
bad idea. that'll be a big hassle. you have a lo-port so just get another lo-port and save yourself the hassle. that engine wont be compatible with yours unless you get an obd I wiring harness.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But i mean putting my Intake manifold? Wouldn't that be the same wiring because its the original manifold?

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
lowproki said:
But i mean putting my Intake manifold? Wouldn't that be the same wiring because its the original manifold?
yes

·
Registered
844 Posts
i thought the since the hi and lows had different intake manifold/injector design they arent interchangeable.

EDIT: no you wont need tuning for the cam.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ohhh good question I need to know everthing i need to do to be able to swap it. Remmber its a 1993 Sentra SE-R Engine so that means it's going to have that stronger intake cam will that make a differense? Like the car idleling?

Edit: okay no tuning but are the manifolds interchangeble

·
Registered
844 Posts
ok so let me get this straight.........are you planning just swapping this engine into your 95 g20 or are you switching things around and if so what?

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
The manifolds aren't interchangable, but the blocks are. Assuming your 95's cylinder head is still good, you could bolt it onto the 93's block and install that in the car.

·
Registered
844 Posts
bhowle said:
The manifolds aren't interchangable, but the blocks are. Assuming your 95's cylinder head is still good, you could bolt it onto the 93's block and install that in the car.
exactly. hi ports have the injectors up high and the manifold down low where the low ports are the opposite. either use the block from the hi port or just get a low port engine. id suggest the latter.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ohhh man that tottally sucks the engine for the low-port engines cost $650 dammit that sucks how much does it cost to get a bearing changed

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From what year to what year did they make low-port because thers another place that sells a 1994 sentra 2.0 engine for 350 do u think thats low-port

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Just so yo know I have that same rod knock from like 2.5k-3k... I been running like that for well over 20,000 miles, driven from state to state with the knock, and with no fifth gear. Take your time and do the swap right, etc.

Just letting you know. :drool:

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Highport or lowport, doesn't matter just drop that bitch in there. You may only have to extend a wire or two from the harness.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What do u mean by the high-port needing to extend the wiring remember my car Obd2 and does are Obd1

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
lowproki said:
What do u mean by the high-port needing to extend the wiring remember my car Obd2 and does are Obd1
True but iirc, one or two sensors on the engine is in a different location, so the wires would need to be extended. No big deal tho... You will be good to go.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey would a 1994 SR20De engine be a direct plug andplay because i was reading that the low-port started 93.5 and on so that means that a 94 would be a low-port engine

Edit: do u have proof that thats all u have to do like a link to a page were it would tell me how to change them or to were to move the sensor but i think that would be a little more work wouldn't it?

·
Registered
844 Posts
lowproki said:
Hey would a 1994 SR20De engine be a direct plug andplay because i was reading that the low-port started 93.5 and on so that means that a 94 would be a low-port engine

Edit: do u have proof that thats all u have to do like a link to a page were it would tell me how to change them or to were to move the sensor but i think that would be a little more work wouldn't it?
yep that'll work fine. id suggest getting a direct fit engine not a high port. no offense but it sounds like it'll be too much work for you to change stuff around if you get a high port.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
A lowport would be an easier swap, but there's no reason you couldn't stick a highport in there either. I've seen highport DET's in P11's on the forum. It all depends on how much work you're willing to put into it. IIRC, the lowport head flows better (larger ports, bigger cams) than the highport does. Most, if not all of the sensors should be the exact same, you just might need to swap a few wires like Erik said. If you're confident in your mechanical ability, and want to save a few $$, go ahead and snag the lowport and swap it in, better yet, do a writeup :p

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Change your bearings. If you haven't let it get bad you'll be fine.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
paNX2K&SE-R said:
Change your bearings. If you haven't let it get bad you'll be fine.
I'd still suggest taking the crank out and having it polished by a local machine shop. No sense in going through all that work to have them start knocking again a few thousand miles later. =)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts