Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exhaust is loud and extrememly annoying. I wa s told that this is a normal problem with p11 exhausts,a nd they often need replacements. I was looking to purchase a new exhaust and I found this one online. But before purchasing I have a few questions. First its really cheap 19.99 (supposedly 250 retail) do you think this is a reliable product? ONce installed do you think this will handle the problem or do I need other attachments?

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
that would be ten times as loud probably.
best bet is to go to a local muffler shop (the less busy the better i feel) and talk to them about what they think. they can recommend mufflers and in my case, they cut off the old muffler, and held up numerous ones to it so i could choose which sounded best.

a big can like that is just that: a big can. its gonna be very loud and very ricy

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
2000 G-Twenty-T said:
that would be ten times as loud probably.
best bet is to go to a local muffler shop (the less busy the better i feel) and talk to them about what they think. they can recommend mufflers and in my case, they cut off the old muffler, and held up numerous ones to it so i could choose which sounded best.

a big can like that is just that: a big can. its gonna be very loud and very ricy
+1 exactly...i think the OE style replacement is made by bosal...any muffler shop can tell you. Or you can order one from everythingg20.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
if I purchase the exhaust from everythingg20 how much do u think i would have to pay for installation?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
P11s are supposed to have a bolt-on exhaust, so if you're handy you could do it yourself. If not you can take it to a muffler shop/mech and they can do it for you. Probably less than an hour of labor

If you're exhaust has already been done once before they have hacked off the flange where the bolts are supposed to go so they could weld. In this case, you probably can't do it yoruself unless you have a welder. Even so though, a shop can still probably do it in less than an hour...

call around for quotes...

·
Registered
318 Posts
yup if you're wanting a performance exhaust, I would go Kakimoto or something of that sort that is aftermarket.

If you dont want it loud then I would suggest finding something OEM that was made for that car.

ebay is has nice things, and other times its just bunch of stuff that will make you waste gas/money and wouldnt really work to make it better.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what are the price ranges of these models?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts