Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:nerd: i have put on a powerful sound system on my 2002 G20 sport that it makes my lights blink (headlights, vanity, let's just say every lights) in tune to the bass. so i replaced the factory battery to two yellow top deep cycle batteries (one in the trunk) and at the same time upgraded my headlights to HID. Thought the problem was solved for the lights no longer dim. But this weekend i placed the stock headlight bulbs in exchange for the HID and my headlights are dimming everytime my bass hits hard but the rest of the lights are fine. Any input from anybody? I would appreciate it. thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
you can get those "power caps" basically very large capacitors. they are supposed to keep your system from draining the rest of the car's power.

actually, my dad designed the rockford fosgate models :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've thought of that. actually i have 2 RF 1.0 farad capacitors. 2 RF 700s amps and 1 500x amp. your dad designed the rf caps. cool they are nice esp. the digital ones that i have. thanks for the input. can u think of anything else which may be causing the problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmmmmm now how much power do your amps pull, and where is the location of your caps your caps should be located as close as possible too the amps feed. The better but more costly thing to do is to add a second battery to the back of the car with a isolater to the front of the car. The isolater will split the power from the alternator between the main battery and the battery for your sound system. The reason for your dimming lights (as you may already know) is a drain of power from your front battery. I had that problem too, not so much anymore since i replaced my alpine amp with a mmats amp.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
infinitifella said:
Hmmmmm now how much power do your amps pull, and where is the location of your caps your caps should be located as close as possible too the amps feed. The better but more costly thing to do is to add a second battery to the back of the car with a isolater to the front of the car. The isolater will split the power from the alternator between the main battery and the battery for your sound system. The reason for your dimming lights (as you may already know) is a drain of power from your front battery. I had that problem too, not so much anymore since i replaced my alpine amp with a mmats amp.

no offense but you're a little bit too late. have done all of that and my system rocks. thanks for the input anyways.
:smoke:

·
Registered
637 Posts
If you say you already have two yellow top optima's and 2 caps, you might need to upgrade the alternator to a larger unit.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no need to change the alternator. everything is fine. the only thing i noticed is when my system is on. i noticed my headlights dim and ONLY headlights not the rest of the car (lights). that happened when i placed my oem head bulbs instead of my HID's a couple of months ago. now i'm back with HID. :smoke:

·
Registered
637 Posts
you have any photo's of your stereo to post?

·
Registered
411 Posts
looks good. man i need a new system

·
Registered
637 Posts
I second that, your system looks nice. High quality electronics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts