Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just took my car for a 4 mile ride today and i found these issues with it. But first let me tell you i put a high port swap in.
1. My idel surges alot from like 350rpm up to 1000 rpm then will even out for awhile at 900 or so.
2. My car stalles out when coming to a stop. My rpms will either go down to 350 or will stall out.

This all happens when the car is either hot or cold.

3. My flex alite fans dont kick on.

Any suggestions. I would normally look under a search but again i have a high port motor in my car instead of a low port. So my search could be missleading im afraid.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
1) sounds like a TPS problem or it could be MAF ground related...
2) sounds like vaccum leak... make sure all hoses are in good shape and connected
3) sounds like a wiring problem, check at the connector with a test light and go from there...

hope some of this helps point you in the right direction!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you mean test the connector with a test light??
I dont think i have a vacuum leak it reads 500 on my boost gauge which is the bar style. Can it be my base idle or timing?? or how about my IAC valve??

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yea and it runs fine when i have my foot on the gas, its nice and smooth threw the rpm range

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
See if you can adjust the base idle up a wee bit ...... Perhaps have a look at the timing ...... Your nearly there

Connector testing ......... Umm run some power thro all connectors & see if the bulb lights properly ..... You could use a multimeter instead

:beard:

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Prolly cos that was all that was availble at the time ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea you got it. I t was all that was available. plus it looks sweet in the engine compartment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts