Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a picture of their suspension.. and what the 'stock bumpstops' on the front are?

ive been bottoming out alot lately.. and ive done everything i can think of to help it.. the only thing i think might be missing is when i put on the springs.. there were no dustboots.. but i reused everything on the unit cept the old springs.. was i missing bumpstops? (cause i read stock stops are on the dustboots.. which were not there on my setup)

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
get koni bumpstops, not the cheap hard things from pep boys, cause those will bottom out just as hard except with a couple öf inches less traveL.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
most people trim down the stock bumpstops. i assume you didn't.
if you got the bread, then go for the Koni bumps. MOTM my ass!

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
the stock bumpstops are connected to the stock dustboot. when i had springs i just cut off the dust boot and cut off an inch of the bumpstop. where did you bumpstops go??

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
or, if youre like me and many people, the stock dust boot doesnt exist anymore haha, so the bumpstop is there and can be trimmed. i really find no reason to get konis. just drive slow and dont hit so many bumps. ive bottomed them out maybe 3 times since mid summer when i got em. just drive more cautiously, now that youre lowered you can dodge holes like no other! =)

i do have 2 konis as well as 2 stocks, not sure which, i cant remember, but i see no reason to pitch out the money.

and dustboots are like 5-7 bucks universal at napa or something like it

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea, my dustboots werent there when i swaped them.. must have been ripped off or something, everything that was on the old setup i used with the new... (which im thinking now the prev owner may have lowered it, and then put stock back in without boots/stops) which makes sense i think.. cause tehre were a bunch of other shittly done mods when i baught the car..

i need new struts anyway.. its bouncier then i thought.. ill make sure to get some bumps before i swap out again..

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahaha, nope, im probably just going to part the car out come jan/feb ill be looking for a new p11, a p10 maybe, either a 95-99 maxima, or a 96-03 pathfinder.. i want to stay in the nissan/infiniti family. but my p11 itself is just too beat on.. it was close to dead before i made the trip out west to arizona from jersey.. im suprised it hung in there this long.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I thought that you don't need to remove the struts. Jack the car up, adjust the coil so the spring is not compressed - lose on the strut. Remove top nut, push the rod down, and pop in the bumpstop.

I was thinking about this as some new member forgot to put them in...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts