Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far the only upgrades I’ve planned for is a CAI and an exhaust. What I’ve considered is the 2-piece pulley set, cams, and headers. Others have suggested an ECU upgrade as well.

I’ve got 55,000 on my ’99 G20 and as a thought, when I get to 150,000 (gives me plenty of time to save up for it) about doing the engine swap to the DET. So far, I’ve had no problems with the engine. I keep up with regular maintenance check ups and all.

My question is, would it be more beneficial if I keep the engine, put in an ECU and turbo, or do the engine swap?

·
Registered
67 Posts
all about the DET.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
littlerudegirl said:
My question is, would it be more beneficial if I keep the engine, put in an ECU and turbo, or do the engine swap?
Hey Sexxy: good to see you here...

I guess it depends on how much time it will take you to get to 150K Many options...DET, VE, or Turbo your DE...all are good. One advantage of getting another engine (DET or VE) is that you can have some other work done to it while it is out of the car. Install Pulleys, Cams, etc....plus its almost plug and play 200ish hp. With kitting your DE there is a lot of work envolved...Just ask Boogie...instead of just an engine swap.

I guess it all revolves around how much work you want to do/get done, what type of resources you have and how fast you want to get it done....Just my two cents anyway....

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hey Cutey;)

My advice, prolly do a BB DET swap. The US guys/girls seem to have better options than us Brits, as we dont have access to this particular engine, which is why ive had to go the long way round and turbo my DE. The other option i had considered was to drop in a GTiR DET but its real hard to find a good engine even over here, as most have been neglected/abused.

So if you want serious power, i suggest, save up the money otherwise spent on the exhaust, cam, CAI etc, and get a DET inside. Just take a look at Lukes old car. Its a beauty.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now you've both got me all bent outta shape! :confused: You mean to tell me there is more than one engine option? Oh I'm in trouble now.

Very well then, is there anyone who could tell me:

1. What the difference is between the engines
2. Is there one more reliable then other
3. Which one more readily availble here in the States

Oh and I wouldn't mind some pricing numbers (just the engine) too.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2002G20Racer said:
I highly sugest just adding a T25 bluebird setup to your stock engine. It would be cheaper then the swap and has many benifits.
And what is that all about?????

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
what p11 gt was saying was that there are a few engines available to swap into the g20 the ones available are already turboed and come from japan u can get one for about 1500 these turbo one stock push about 200 to 225 hp and u can always upgrade that turbo on them and get more hp

those other engines available are other variations of our u.s.a. sr20de engine so same engine almost with a turbo added on to it

and what g20racer was saying to do was unstead of swapping the whole engine just put a t25 wich is a size of a turbo onn your current engine and u will have close to the same hp of that swapped engine

good luck- i understand this post was a while ago but good luck in the future
casual

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
like everyone else gets...ill do it this time...check your search button yo...or you can check out some of the other nissan boards... www.nissanforums.com or www.se-r.net... hope that helps ya out miss peace

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
oh yeah i forgot...this site is real knowledgeable too www.sr20de.net good luck miss... :0)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK... :p goody my turn now....

gEE805 said:
like everyone else gets...ill do it this time...check your search button yo...or you can check out some of the other nissan boards... www.nissanforums.com or www.se-r.net... hope that helps ya out miss peace

gEE805 said:
oh yeah i forgot...this site is real knowledgeable too www.sr20de.net good luck miss... :0)

Will one of you jackasses look at the date I posted this

Glowmunkey said:
Check out this thread... same basic conversation going on there:

http://g20.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4967
That thread was written in October, I first started this May.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
littlerudegirl said:
OK... :p goody my turn now....

Will one of you jackasses look at the date I posted this

That thread was written in October, I first started this May.

Ja, take that.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
oh so it was a typical not search question i see now..makes sense...still searchh little girlie lol:0P

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
ok this is not worth arguing over so just drop it

u guys were rude to her in your responses and she replied back rude so its all cool

u dish it dont get mad whe she give it back and lets just leave it at that

be easy
casual

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
im not tripping yo...and im not arguee'n or trying to...jsut sayin dont ALL YA say that too...just my way of saying why ya treating her differently then formt he next guy who ask the next SEARCH USING answer question...anyhow peace not gonna bother with this topic...peace. i came on here for cars..not trying to get brownie points with anyone

1 - 17 of 17 Posts