Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a P10 with 205/40/17's. They look like they are very close to rubbing as is but according to you guys it will be fine to lower. My quesiton is what is the lowest I could go without scraping everytime I hit a hole or something. 2"...3"??? Also, I think I am gonna go with a spring/shock combo instead of coilovers because of $$$. Which combo will work good and more importantly where is a good site to buy from?

JP:smoke:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Forget it. It will suck.

Unless you like sucks.

Springs will be too low rate. Dampers will be too weak. And forget about any suspension travel.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You should only go about 1.5" without using the coil overs. Alot of people run either eibach pro kits wich are 1.25" lower or H&R wich are 1.5", and most use KYB AGX's to complete the combo.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why should I not go lower than say 1.75" w/o using coilovers? And in that case, what is the cheapest set of coilovers? By the way... I just got back from spring break (Panama City baby woooooo), where did the meters go?

JP

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
NinetyThreeG said:
Why should I not go lower than say 1.75" w/o using coilovers?
I don't think you should even go that low. You leave almost no suspension travel. The car will ride on the bump stops and really suck.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah man, I definatally would not go more than like 1.7 at the most. I'm lowering mine with H&R springs and KYB shocks which will give me a 1.5 lower with 17" OZ wheels. Thats low enough for me. GC Coilovers are going to be a lot more expensive than springs and shocks alone. Expect to spend about $500 for the coilovers.

Jim

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Bopper359 said:
Yeah man, I definatally would not go more than like 1.7 at the most. I'm lowering mine with H&R springs and KYB shocks which will give me a 1.5 lower with 17" OZ wheels. Thats low enough for me. GC Coilovers are going to be a lot more expensive than springs and shocks alone. Expect to spend about $500 for the coilovers.

Jim
That should be a nice combo. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Totally agree with what these guys say. If you're going with spring shock combo the kgmm are sweet I heard. I have a GC setup with GAB shocks. In the winter with my shocks setup at soft the ride is O.K. But in the summer with my 18s and my front bumper like 2 inches to the ground, I have to stiffen up the suspension. That my friend is a really crazy ride... But I say go low... Ethan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts