Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LAST5DOA
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I stated my dislike for Turtle Wax products before, this is the straw that broke the camels back. I ran out of my Zymol and wanted to try a Synthetic Wax...I read a 6 page oozing on another car forum about how great this sliced bread of waxes was. Never again will I listen to another forums opinions :shifty:

Product: Turtle Wax Synthetic Polish Wax
Cost: $15 US
Contents: Wax, sponge applicator and microfiber cloth
Application: Very easy, like spreading warm butter or grease on a car
Removal: Pretty tough, more so than conventional wax. Used the provided microfiber cloth

The Good: It can be applied to vinyl trim and actually did a good job shining it up

The Bad: Hard to remove...Waxed car on Saturday, drove car for maybe 20 mins, wax did not hold up and was no longer smooth when wiped with micro towel.

The Ugly: Left my black car spotty, like armor all got sprayed on spots. Did not remove the few water spots I had from washing.

Bottom Line: Pissed, I actually am going to send it back C/O their satisfaction guaranteed best wax money back promise. Just out of spite, if it was okay, I would just keep it for when I want to do a quick wax.

Sorry for lack of pics, but was busy running around this weekend and it's over and done with now.

·
"the government"
2,615 Posts
good to know, I was thinking of making the switch. the only thing holding me back was that spray and dry that used to be around that sucked.

·
LAST5DOA
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^I've used their (TW) color specific wax, buffing compound, Ice liquid clay bar and now this.

I still use Maguiars cleaner/polish waxes, but nothing IMO compares to Zymol! Their carnuba wax is tops!!! I can't wait to go back...I've used them forever, my brother used to use them back in the 80's (I helped) and I continued using it when I started driving. Every now and then I'd give something else a try only to bring disappointment.

·
"the government"
2,615 Posts
I hear ya. I use the Maguiars liquid wax and haven't used anything else since. I need to get one of those orbital waxers though.

·
Automotive Design Concept
3,522 Posts
IDK, i have allways used BlackMajic stuff, but i have used TW's ics quick detailer it is not the best but it is not a bad job IMH

·
Registered
106 Posts
Funny I see this today.

I bought the liquid clay bar last week to do the car, and then I read everyone saying it was OK for touch up but not anywhere near the real thing.
I returned it and bought the real clay bar kit.
I got tempted to try the other ice crap, but I stayed with my Zymol that I already had int eh garage. Made the 12 year-old P10 look more like 5-6 years old.

Thanks for the write-up!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i used to use that and had the same results, it was really hard to remove the polish.....i switched to Zaino polishes and omg it made ice look like kiddy sh*t, trust me when i say zaino is the best i have seen so many cars use it and there is an amazing change......thats just my opinion

·
I Gots More NISMO Then U!
2,913 Posts
wow i must have got the good batch cause i used it on my black car and came out mint ????????

·
LAST5DOA
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I need to get one of those orbital waxers though.
You can pick them up pretty cheap. Just get good bonnets and don't use too much pressure.

Funny I see this today.

I bought the liquid clay bar last week to do the car, and then I read everyone saying it was OK for touch up but not anywhere near the real thing.
I returned it and bought the real clay bar kit.
I got tempted to try the other ice crap, but I stayed with my Zymol that I already had int eh garage. Made the 12 year-old P10 look more like 5-6 years old.

Thanks for the write-up!
Then you probably read my other TW rant in one of those threads...Zymol has other waxes specifically for Japanese vehicles and for black cars, red cars...One of these days I'll bite the bullet and drop the coin for the specialty wax and do a review.

i used to use that and had the same results, it was really hard to remove the polish.....i switched to Zaino polishes and omg it made ice look like kiddy sh*t, trust me when i say zaino is the best i have seen so many cars use it and there is an amazing change......thats just my opinion
Might have to give that a try...But I think I am back to ol faithful for now (Zymol)!

wow i must have got the good batch cause i used it on my black car and came out mint ????????
^^^Don't listen to him, he works for Turtle Wax...

Just kidding! I guess it's just a difference of opinion. Or your paint is just in better shape than mine.

·
^-*
3,201 Posts
mine worked fine too

maybe its because i have a lighter color i was all using a buffer ball if that makes a difference

edit:eek:h n/m i was using the polish

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree, it's poop... I'll use it on the spur of the moment for a show and shine, but it literally will disipate in the sun and is completely gone as soon as you wash it again. The only reason I use it is to shine up the trim. I won't buy it again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts