Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. My P11 Primera has some idle issues, I've checked so far the MAF, oxygen sensor, throttle position sensor, camshaft position sensor, timing...next up I want to check the air regulator valve that has the bimetal strip mechanism.
Where is it located on a low-port engine? For the life of me, I can't spot it, looked from underneath on the passenger side, not seeing it.
Is it even possible my SR20 doesn't have it?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Its mounted on the intake plenum, opposite of the throttle body (kinda next to the P/S pump). Probably can't see it from under the car. From the looks of the photo you have a RR not a "low port"

If you have a RR 2000+ G20, you don't have a IACV, but a weird PWM idle control thing on the throttle body. It looks like a big black knob underneath the throttle body opening.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
also just noticed you are in Europe. Not sure which variation of SR20 you have exactly, but it is probably a roller rocker, just not necessarily the one G20s got. There was a different kinda ugly manifold too. I believe those versions have an IACV, but a photo from the top of the engine would help me identify it for you

the bimetal part you spoke of, I think they got rid of it in the US around 99. In Japan the VE motors did not have it either, it was changed to a coolant based unit on the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
The iacv is the thing under the throttle cable to the left with the goldish colored part on it. AFAIK there is no bimetal style fast idle valve (air regulator valve) on this style engine. The fast idle is controlled by a valve on the throttle body mechanically as with the VE engine of this era. You can check to see if it is leaking coolant of functioning correctly. To find out for sure if there is an air regulator valve, you can follow the hoses coming from the intake tube. Follow each to see what they connect to. If there is an air regulator valve, one of the hoses from the intake tube would be connected to it. On the US models with one, it typically was a hose connected underneath the intake tube and had a hose about 18mm in diameter.

also this is a early roller rocker (RR). We didn’t get this manifold in the US. Technically all RR are low ports, but no one here calls them that. Just future reference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts