Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so, I had the same crappy idle with my 95 that everyone seems to be having. I did a full tune up, that helped some. Cleaned the IACV, didn't help. Checked my TPS, it was fine, MAF ground was within spec, but I regrounded it anyway, and that helped a good bit. It quit jumping around but I still had a slight miss at idle. I had an EGR code tripping the MIL, so I finally broke down today and tore it all apart, cleaned it, and replaced all the vacuum lines I could get to. Reset the ECU, and now it idles rock solid and smooth :D My EGR tube going into the headers leaks a tiny tiny bit :angry: , but I'll have that straightened out by the end of the week. I've noticed tiny (barely noticeable) fluctuations in the idle, and my best guess is injector O-rings, but I'm going to stick the car on the smoke machine at school this week to make sure there aren't any more leaks. Oh, yeah and the tube going from the EGR passage into the bottom of the BPT valve looked like it had exploded, so there was no way it was working at all. My old sentra did the same thing, I'm guessing it just overheated.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
thanks for the descriptive repairs man, i'll give all of that a shot. i have the same idle problem on my 94, and i just reallllly want it to idle smooth. i brought it to the shop and he tested the egr valve and egr tube, said both were straight. what else could be a problem?

·
Registered
973 Posts
That is great. My car has a blocked EGR, so the tiny low idle problem that remains can't be the EGR.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took my EGR tube off today to see why it was leaking at the manifold, and the damn flare at the end of the tube had broken off o_O I managed to flare it out enough on the broken pipe to get it to kind of quit leaking, but I still need a new tube. I'm thinking about cutting the ones apart from the lowport and my highport and making some kind of franken-EGR. I couldn't find a bolt that would fit the manifold side, otherwise I would have just blocked it off.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
echandler said:
sorry i'm kind of a newb, whats an MIL?
MIL=Malfunction Indicator Lamp, same thing as a CEL (check engine light) or a SES (service engine soon) light. :teeth:

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe it's 750-800 RPM.

Oh, and an update, now my idle is back to being a bit screwy again. I'm done messing with it for now.

·
Registered
973 Posts
bhowle said:
I believe it's 750-800 RPM.

Oh, and an update, now my idle is back to being a bit screwy again. I'm done messing with it for now.
I am sorry to hear that. That stinks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts