Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I'm not offending anyone for creating multiple posts, but I have two issues with the car.

1) I noticed I have a slight erratic idle problem... the rpms vary between 800-1000 rpms and goes up and down on occasion..... my brother said that it might be due to a vacuum leak or bad wires/plugs.... what do you guys think?

2) the second issue is that the glue on the weather stripping is dead, therefore my weather stripping is dangling in certain areas, what kids glue should I use to glue it down again?

·
Registered
171 Posts
The black part of the door seals falling off is a typical problem with a G20. I went to the local hardware store and bought some clear silicone sealant such as you might use to seal your bath tub. Apply it to where the seal is falling off, put the seal back into place, and close the door and wait for 12-24 hours. Use a razor blade to trim the excess silicone. It has lasted for years in the hot Arizona sun.

Jerry

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jander04 said:
The black part of the door seals falling off is a typical problem with a G20. I went to the local hardware store and bought some clear silicone sealant such as you might use to seal your bath tub. Apply it to where the seal is falling off, put the seal back into place, and close the door and wait for 12-24 hours. Use a razor blade to trim the excess silicone. It has lasted for years in the hot Arizona sun.

Jerry
ahh brilliant idea.... thanks

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
they have glue at autozone specifically for it called "weatherstripping adhesive". it will be with the silicone and rtv. any parts store will have it.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Clean your throttle body out, using carb cleaner... It will help alot. Just spray the throttle body down, and use a toothbrush if its real gunky.

The next thing would be to look into the maf grounding. Do a search about grounding the maf. Its one wire, you splice from the maf harness to the intake manifold. Makes a difference too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ERIKbronx said:
Clean your throttle body out, using carb cleaner... It will help alot. Just spray the throttle body down, and use a toothbrush if its real gunky.

The next thing would be to look into the maf grounding. Do a search about grounding the maf. Its one wire, you splice from the maf harness to the intake manifold. Makes a difference too.

Wow thats good info on the MAF grounding wire... I'm gonna go look for it...

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
05YellowEVO8 said:
Wow thats good info on the MAF grounding wire... I'm gonna go look for it...
Yea man overtime the ground gets bad, due to the age of the car. I have emanage and after grounding my maf, I noticed a difference in voltage... which smoothed it all out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts