Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the sports package on my '02.

I like the chrome door sills. Is there anyway that anyone can think of to make those illuminated like the mercedes ones?

Like take the sill off cut out the infiniti and like put lights under the sill back on the door?

This would be a good project...

·
Registered
20,953 Posts
Chekmi21 said:
I like the chrome door sills. Is there anyway that anyone can think of to make those illuminated like the mercedes ones?
The 2002 is the only G20 with the fancy stills. The rest of us are stuck with the crappy black plastic.

I have looked into this in the past, here is what I have found.

Mercedes has them and look very cool. So a while back on another forum, someone asked basicly the same question your asking (except it was about Volvo). Someone replied that a group on a Nissan Maxima board got a group deal together and custom made them. So it is possible.

Electoillumicent stuff can get expesive for one off pieces, but it can be gotten. As for the metal work, I don't know, hpoefully someone like Yahnozha or Seneb could help.

All the ones on eBay look like crap. Only the real MB look good IMHO.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i'm not sure about the electroluminescence stuff, but my first thought was led lights. they are super easy to hook up, and use virtually no power. we would have to look into how to get the wires into the car without going over the door-jam. i know there are holes that the stock sills pop into, so that might be one way. kevin (p11-gt.co.uk) knows the good spots to hook up the led lights. maybe set up a cut-off switch so when the door shuts, they turn off.

any other ideas?

·
Registered
20,953 Posts
seneb said:
i'm not sure about the electroluminescence stuff, but mu first thought was led lights.
Depends how thick it is. I never seen one so I don't know if they will fit.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the chrome door sill....putting lights underneath it won't be a problem I don' t think.

The problem I believe would be ... how the hell do you cut out the door sills so that the light will shine through? That would be some precission cutting.

Anyone have photoshop??? Do a little photoshop project and show us what it would look like with led backlights for an 02 chrome door sill?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts