Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Im gonna drive a P12!

1K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Nomad 
#1 ·
Total unexpected excitement!
Ill be going to Scotland at the end of this month with my wife to visit her dad's family.
Get to drive his P12 he just got last year. Will be very interesting to drive on the "other" side of the road. Will report back my comments and driver impressions.
Just wanted to see if anyone has driven a P12 (in Europe or elsewhere)
sad they didnt bring it over to the US, as usual! (Nissan loves to save all the cool stuff for the rest of world it seems)

#6 ·
junknstuff said:
is scotland rhd? if so, i still cant imagine shifting with my left hand.... :lick:

besides comments and impressions, DONT FORGET THE PICS!!!
'tis much better! :D

I don't like P12's... they just don't look anything like the P10's or P11's..

They're too rounded and.. yuck.

Oh, and we drive on the left all around Britain.

#10 ·
I have been to Japan a number of times. My contacts there, who are Japanese, consider the P11 a sport sedan, and the P12 a family sedan. Really two different flavors.

#12 ·
We are flying into Glasgow and staying in Broughty Ferry near Dundee.
There is family all over..Edinburgh, St. Andrews, and Perth, just to name a few. Plan to take a side trip to Inverness, Fort William, and Killin (great name) in the P12 (for sure a family sedan from what her dad has told us) He loves his primera though !! (purchased on my recommendation from when he was here in the states ;-)I m excited to make the trip, have never been and my heritage is part Scottish as well (have red hair). Cant wait!

#14 ·
I've driven on the other side of the road before on many occassions in Singapore, among other places. Just be careful when you first try to do it... because it will feel weird! I suggest driving around in an empty parking lot for starters until you get the basic feel of it. You will have to get used to shifting gears and the clutch being on the other side. Once you master this, then hit the real streets! But then of course there's traffic to worry about!

#19 ·
Well the verdict is in! I was not so much impressed with the car itself, but the engine and tranny! 6sp with a 2.2L diesel! Torque galore! Never has 3rd gear felt so great at 1500 RPMS. I want one badly! 46.9 MPG avg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.