Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awwwww yeahhhhhhh!!!

Whatcha guys think ;)

i actually really like the way roof racks look with just 2 bars across. the basket didnt look THAT bad added, but the bags a bit goofy :p

made it home to cali with 2 other people and all our gear though!

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
easiest to get:

-Yakima Q Towers (which are the plastic clamps, even though they sound like actual towers)
-Yakima Q82 clips (which are metal pieces that are vehicle specific)
-whatever length crossbars you want (the bars that go across the roof come in a few lengths)

and from there you buy yakima items that fit Qtowers

you can find Q towers all over craigslist, but you will have to buy the clips new ($78 new from REI or G.I. Joes or other places of the sort)
you better call ahead of time because most people have every clip BUT the Q82 because they only fit g20s and elantras and something else weird...

the basket was the cheapest i could find, its called "basketcase" by yakima, it was $109

the bag is a Thule Quest (any bag will work if you have the basket really, they jhust strap down.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
ty for that info.. ill look into it more when i get home =) work blocks half the stuff on the net.. although im very thankfull gnet slipped thru the cracks of the firewall! =)

·
Registered
590 Posts
That is awesome. I was thinking about getting a rack a while back but the whole setup cost a lot. Wat was your break down of cost for it? Looks great bTW

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bought the Q towers and cross bars on craigslist for $130 (theyre $255 new)
Clips were $60
a replacement plastic piece the guy forgot was $15
the basket was $109
The bag was $80
Had to get 2 keys made for the locks cause he lost the keys $32

soo $426 :(
a bit more than we hoped, but didnt have much choice. ill use it in the future i suppose. plus its easy on easy off

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
it can pay for itself. just drive duffel bags of weed from Humboldt County to me, and i'll take of you little buddy!

·
Registered
590 Posts
2000 G-Twenty-T said:
bought the Q towers and cross bars on craigslist for $130 (theyre $255 new)
Clips were $60
a replacement plastic piece the guy forgot was $15
the basket was $109
The bag was $80
Had to get 2 keys made for the locks cause he lost the keys $32

soo $426 :(
a bit more than we hoped, but didnt have much choice. ill use it in the future i suppose. plus its easy on easy off

That was what I was worried about. I'll just borrow yours when you not using it! muhaha! j/k!

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
TE's02p11G said:
That was what I was worried about. I'll just borrow yours when you not using it! muhaha! j/k!
we can all share "Ryan's traveling roof rack"... :paranoid:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yakima's Destination7 bag fits great at Yakima's Basketcase, I got mine but I bought at Mexico @ much higher price.

And Fairing is great reducing the noise, I just bought 'em, it's a great upgrade for your Yakima stuff.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i got a fairing, but didnt put it on, it was too difficult to get attached and wasnt gonna go over the bag at all so i didnt figure it would do much

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its never taken me more than 1 tank to make the trip, this one took me 1 and a quarter :zoinks:
still pretty good i suppose for 400 miles

·
Registered
77 Posts
2000 G-Twenty-T said:
i got a fairing, but didnt put it on, it was too difficult to get attached and wasnt gonna go over the bag at all so i didnt figure it would do much
I hate when it whistle, it stops when you put the fairing.

Of course it doesn't go over the bag but put it, it works.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
with it? 400 miles on a tank and a quarter... i dunno

usually when i make the trip its EXACTLY 1 tank to 400 miles, which is like 27.5 or so, and a lot of those miles are uphill at HIGH rpms. theres a lot of passes on the way, so cruising i must get really good mpg

1 - 20 of 32 Posts