Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WANNA GET RID OF MY STOCK ANTENNA... I'M GONNA GET IT SHAVED TO LOOK SMOOTH. IS THERE ANY ANTENNA YOU CAN THINK OF TO REPLACE IT THATS NOT AS BIG AND OLD FASHION?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
:-\ Shaved?:-\
I'd recommend replacing it and getting one of the VW-style antennaes. I'm sure that your local car shop could easily find and install it for you.:)

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
:surprised Uhhh....yeah, I knew that. I was just testing you.:cheeky: :p

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Definatley get the roof mount, make sure its a working one if your going to shave the side antenna. It looks pretty sweet. I wish I had placed mine a little further back but it looks cool as it is. You have about 8" of space to put the antenna in if you have a sunroof. The structural member above the rear window is about 3"-4" and you have to get pat that or cut into it, your choice....

·
Registered
26 Posts
antenna solution

First question is do you have factory or after market deck? If you have a after market deck you could wire a switch to make the antenna go in or out. I always just listen to cd's and never to the radio. After I learned more about which wires do what I decided to make switch for the antenna. So I took the dash off pushed the button on the right that was not being used. Then I bought a simple little switch from autozone and some wire. I took my dremel tool and carefully cut out a hole on the button then pushed the switch in. Then you have to take the radio out look for the blue or the blue and white wire. Cut that wire take a two crimp connectors and add about a foot coming from the deck and a foot going to the car. Connect the wires to the switch which will have two little metal connections. (What you did was just make the deck stop sending a signal to the antenna which then just pulls itself back into the car)

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Probably more than you expect :) Its really easy to do. The headliner is pretty easy to pull away, its just held in with clips and moulding. I used a 5/8" hole saw and drilled thru the roof after measuring twice for center. Paint the edges of the hole to prevent rusting and run the wire toward the front along one side or another and down behind the A pillar trim thru the dash and finally behind the head unit. It took me about 2 hours and I took my sweet time with it, I think I only had to remove the glove box and the head unit itself......if not get it installed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have just shaved my antenna on my p10 and it looks smooooth

1 - 9 of 9 Posts