Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it was my time? I have been reading threads both on AF and here about people in accidents and having damaged etc. I've had my G20 for one year this August and didn't have any problems with it, until dredded today.

The curse has definitely moved over to G20.net.

So the story goes....

Basically I was heading to Gilman Auto to get my Ceramix brake pads installed with a buddy in the passenger seat. We are at an intersection, the road is somewhat uphill. Red light. Myself and everyone in their vehicles are at a complete stop. This lady in the car infront of me starts fiddling around with something in her car, and next thing you know, her car starts rolling back. Myself and my buddy are just staring at this thing in shock. I can't reverse, as there was another vehicle behind me, so I just honk my horn, but it's too late. Her car rams my bumper.

The end result..

A semi cracked IMPUL bumper (pictures below).

She had a manul transmission car, so the only logical thing I can think of is that when she was in neutral, her foot went off the brake and it rolled back, because she didn't even know she was rolling until she hit me. And since it was somewhat on a hill, the car just veered into me

I am going to get an estimate. It's fiberglass, so it can be worked with. There are scratches on the bumper, but not visible from the pictures. Her car had no damage, as she is the one that rolled back into me.

Money can fix this, that is not necessarily a problem. But of course, I am not paying anything for the damage. It's not a money issue to me, but more so a moral issue. What bothered me most about this incident is that she obviously didn't admit she was the one that caused the incident. Infact, when she got out of her car, she starts saying "what are you doing, why did you hit my car?". I remained cool, but I was telling her, "Don't try to pull that shit on me". I really felt like bashing her when she started saying "That's a nice little story you have there" about the incident.

My passenger is my witness, but at the Collision Centre witnesses are useless.

If her insurance doesn't pay and she obviously won't pay out of her pocket, I can sense it .. I will go to small claims court. Again, this is not about the money so much, but I want to make her realize that she has done something wrong and can't play games with people. And no one's playing games with me, especially with a $1,000 bumper.

That's my story. I'm glad the damage isn't worse. And I was to enter a show in 19 days. Hah, what luck :).

·
Registered
522 Posts
Damn atomic, that really hurts man. I cringed (sp?) the second I saw those pictures. It's a shame that there are so many careless people with licenses out there. Perhaps if they gave a damn about anyone else, they would pay more attention to their surroundings.

Good luck with battle. :dead:

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Man, I dreaded opening up this thread....FUCK!! that sucks, I can only imagine what you must be feeling....Luc, man I am truly sorry about that. I hope that lady gets what she deserves....at least you werent hurt.

Good luck....

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Damnit, that really sucks. She tried to blame it on you too? as if you accelerated into her? I would tell her off then and their, trying to pull BS like that.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
what do we learn from this man remember we were talking the other night about storage! its punishment time for you and the g time to garage it so no more senseless people can't get their paws on it you should take the bumper off put the crossbar on and pay her a visit at home ram the hell out of her car then she will unsderstand how it feels liying trick
lol i feel like she broke my bumper for a sec.. but hey you know what this means right
this means you gotta fix it and get something else on top of it so you can feel good hmm maybe a spoiler to be honest with you i didnt even go look at the picture i dont want to see that sight i have all the good memories stored in my head no need to mess it up with that

casual

·
Registered
104 Posts
what sucks more than your f***ed bumper is that you might actually loose in court. and you might loose your claim. First, it might take a couple of months or even a few years(I heard) to get into court. My friends father waited 4years to get his money. When you get into court its still your word against hers. You stoping short would be a more likely story to the judge.*and i asume your young, adults dont really like us.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
atomic-G said:
Infact, when she got out of her car, she starts saying "what are you doing, why did you hit my car?". I remained cool, but I was telling her, "Don't try to pull that shit on me". I really felt like bashing her when she started saying "That's a nice little story you have there" about the incident.
HA! Welcome to lovely Toronto, land of the self-centered and home of the assholes that think the world owes them. Damn I hated most of the people there! :angry:

Shitty luck there Luke, when you got out of the car she probably thought she could take advantage of the 'young punk' with daddy's money.

Couldn't have happened BEFORE you put the Impul kit on eh? :cheeky:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Shit man. I'm so sorry to hear about this. I have been a victim of 2 accidents that were both not my fault but I somehow still ended up liable because of hit and run and our corrupt insurance system. I hope you can get her to take responsibility. Your passenger won't count as a witness because he/she is biast in the eyes of the law. It's her word against yours, just try to present a good case if you have to go through insurance/court. BEST OF LUCK...P.S. we gotta meet when you are done with this bad news....

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Sorry bro, go and win this case!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Luke,

I saw the title of this thread, I was thinking it can't be what I THINK it is....

Just the other day I saw your G, looking all slick and flawless...I think we may have jinxed it when we spoke about your Impul kit and all...I'm sure you are hurting for your G, that's some nasty mother crack - I think it's an actual break!

Man what bad luck with that careless byatch, and for her to try to shift the blame, what BS is that??? What car was she attempting to drive? If the laws are the same as they are back in England, by default (if SHE denies the truth) whoever 'rear ends' someone else, is normally the person that needs to pay up - hope she gets what is coming to her.

I feel your pain, not only is the money thing an issue, but you have the whole hassle of your insurance vs her insurance, and if and when you KICK HER ASS in court, you will have to deal with fixing up the bumper or replacing it - ugghhhh....the future doesn't look too good.

The other day I almost had the same thing happen to me, some foolish asshole backing up his car in to my front and me honking the horn like no man's business...fortunately there was no visible damage!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'd Slap the Bitch for not admiting!

Sorry for vaguar language but I am so upset. Luke I feel for you man! Ignorance people like that deserves execution! Anyway....fuck, I still can't believe it......GGGRRRRRRRRRRR! Best is to go to XCOPPER or POINTS and see if they can do anything about it. If not, try to get a court date but someone mentioned that it might take a long time and this is true. Just present your case as is.

It was uphill. She drives standard. She was careless and not paying attention to the traffic. Logics and physics comes in play. Uphill? and standard? yes roll back is the only way down. Tell the judge how would you rampage her with something that worth so much on your car. Tell the judge that the kit cost so much that you even afraid to drive let alone rampage it into someone's rear!! Anyway, give me a shout see if I can give you any moral support! Cheers!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Don't ja just wanna bitch smack that little whore and then DDT her off the top rope??? Freakin dumbass bitchy whore. uuuggghhhhh Damnit...people just gotta admit when they are wrong. You should've made her cry. Make her wheap at your feet and then bash her head against the impul bumper to show her the crack a little better.

People like that piss me off so much.

Dude...fuck fixing it....freakin make her or her insurance company buy you a whole new bumper dude....freakin that little bitchass dumb freakin hard headed moronic whore!!!

*breathe* *breathe*

*ahem*

Well hope things turn out for the best for you and the worst for her.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
i think you need to print out this thread if its ever done and mail that bastard to her let me know if you will? if not let us know if we can mail that junk to her.. you should of taken a pic of her face to show here

i still cant go look at the picture and it sounds worse then i thought from people descriptions but i'll look at it when you fix it
man if you get discouraged really bad about this just go buy another car like mercedes clk 430 you'll fell better i know money is nada to you so consider it aww nevermind the clk just go get another g20 red as a backup babygirl and hook her up the same one you never drive with 0 miles and the other the daily show/driver

casual

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
That's one of my worst fears, someone ramming into my car because of their carelessness. Especially red light runners, I've seen too many "close calls". It's good to hear you're well g20chick, that's the most important thing. I think you should go for a P11 if you can afford it.
Kind of ironic isn't it:*(
That really sucks that she is trying to blame you, I dont even know how to handle that, you must have some mad patience!:monster:

I smashed up my front end really bad about a year ago because some jerk ran a stop sign and cut of the guy in front of me. It can always be fixed, and its just a good thing it wasn't someone flying through a red nailing you. Good luck though, I hope everything pans out in your favor and you wont have to go through the whole court thing. Common sense will prevail!:cheeky: :x

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you all for the support.

I'm going to give her two choices. Either she pays, so her insurance rates don't go up, or her insurance does. I know she won't pay, especially considering the estimates I got have been between $800 - $1100 to fix the damage. Like I mentioned, if she doesn't pay, I'll take her to court. I don't care if I have to wait 4 yrs for my hearing, I want to teach her a lesson. With the attitude she gave me, I'm not going to let this one just go.

But as mentioned, it will be hard to prove all this, sine it is a "rear end" incident. If only I had a camcorder on my dash, that would be perfect :). Then she couldn't say anything. I'd unleash the video in court and I would love to see her reaction to it.

She was driving some type of Hyundai.

Do you mean to tell me the drivers in Vancouver are different J? - If so, I would have a hard time believing that :).

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
since sh'e driving a hyunday man then all i can say is try telling her she could pay in installments cuz no offense but she might not be able to afford to pay in full for the repair its like me backing up into a lexus sc430 lol god forbid..

something deep inside almost wants to deny it was you but i wouldnt have the ordasity to lie like that..

did you take pics of her car too before too much time passes go to the scene of the crime again and take a pic of the hill and exact spot this happened and also get your friend to write a letter dated of now with his statement of what happened.. did you have any other witnesses of this accident like was it in front of some store or anything like that if you might take it to court make sure you take some steps to prepare theres nothing worse then going to court and only having your word against hers..
also try to check the cop who did the report to see if this person has had other incidents like this or whatever.
p.s if the cop beleived you over her at the scne get him to put it writting so you have some good backing in court...

u get the point.
casual

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Thats why i always leave about half a car length in front of me when im in back of someone. Many time si do that and the asshole in the back doesnt have enough time to break to i floor it and then get a couple of inches from the person in front of me rather than the bastard behind me hitting me. There are absolutely no hills in florida except a garbage mountain around here so we dont have to worry about the uphill thing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Buddy, this really reeks. Is this woman a lawyer, or has she done this before. Ask the cop to check her driving record, she obviously was very cool in accusing you right away.

Beyotch!

let me know if you need any help.

Dom

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.