Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WEll i got my impul grille installed and it looks sweet, but there is one problem, the hood support in the center! You can see it through the grille and it makes it look like a mitsubisihi (?) symbol. Does anyone have a good idea as to how to make it less visible? Would it be bad to torch it off? I was looking and the hood locks on something else and this seems to be just for the other grille. Also I thought about painting it but i have a white G and that wouldn't really solve the problem completely, but suggestions are welcome.

P.S. Sorry about the lack of pics, my digital camera died today and i gotta get some batteries.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
congrats on the grill..
and one solution some people have for that is just putting like a wire mesh behind that part so that the middle part doesn't show

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kinda mesh, and where do i get it? I was fixin on goin to home Depot today anyway, but does anyone know the best type/style? Knowing myself i'll choose one that melts and gets sucked into my fan or something:cheeky:
is the best way to put the mesh on with adhesive or to bolt it on where the grille is attached?
too many quesions...........
Brian:beard: :asian: :beard:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the problem is that it IS white, and that makes is stick out more. I wish i had the pics..................

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wait is the grill white or the hook?

IF the grill is white just paint the hook white.

If the grill is black just pain the hook black.

That seemed to work for other people so far.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i like that, but i don't want an Infiniti symbol there. Plus my is white. I got the picts to post tomarrow.:asian:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Problem
So this is the problem, and screen door mesh is the answer! I'll get that tonight and post the after pic
Thanks A BUNCH!
Brian

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
You couldn't have just painted it like Eric said?

I personally would've painted it, as opposed to putting a mesh behind the impul mesh.

Bigger pictures would help as well. More closeups, it's hard to tell what's going on with such small images.

It looks good, but make sure there's ample room for air to flow through there.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i don't think painting it would have done anything excpt leave a black piece to see instead of a white one. There is plenty of room for air, i made sure of that:beard:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks sweet man, very nice.

atomic-G -if you right click (or control click on Mac) the image and select "Open Image in New Window" it'll show the full size. SeminoleG20 just had the images displayed at a fraction of the real size; they're actually quite large pics.

Hope that helps viewing.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
That helped. I saved them to my hard drive and they came out bigger, thanks.

Seminole. Did you get the mesh painted as well?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nope.....it comes in black and gray at the hardware store, so i just got the black. What sucks about it is i have enough mesh to do about 10 screen doors! oh well it was only 5 bucks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
did you mean the impul mesh? I just thought about that as i was linking the thread...........I got the whole peice from Impul color matched, the plastic mesh included. The stuff behind it black so the white mesh stands out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts