Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got one of the grills from the group buy and I have one question for anyone else that bought one.
Were the tabs as fucked on yours as they were on mine!?!?

Basically my friend and I had to cut the tabs at the bend, fab up some new ones and weld them back on to the original ones. All in all it looks good, clean and functional but damn when you buy something for that price you would at least expect to be somewhat able to install it. A few minor tweaks like bending or something is fine but not having to cut, fabricate and re-weld new mounting brackets just to get it to work.

Good thing I'm so damn skilled. :p No pics right now cause the paints dryin. I choose a gunmetal paint for the mesh and of course black for the grill, when it's G2G I'll show some pics installed as well as the new brackets. :smile:

·
♥
3,947 Posts
i had to bend the tabs to fit correctly, but no major modding. it is a must to apply even pressure as to not tear the tabs out of the fiberglass.

this is the only problem with the replica, i now own the original, and the two extra tabs help alot

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude, mine were off by at least an inch on both sides. :rolleyes:
Fits like a glove now though in fact I may even glass 2 more on so that I have 4.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
thats crazy, atleast you got em lined up. two more tabs wouldnt hurt at all... it gives alot more hold to the bottom portion of the grill

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2 that are on there currently are at the bottom corners so it's actually really sturdy.
I was thinking that if I glass 2 more in it will be on the upper portion.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
good call, its been a little while since i sold the replica

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought one from the group buy, had to do alot of mods aswell becuase the tabs where 1" inch off aswell but after all the effort it looks great ;)

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll take some shots of the modified brackets and do a small write-up if it will help.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LIke I said, I'll post some pics of the new brackets and tell you guys what I did and hopefully it helps. Just so ya know, It eiether needs new brackets glassed in or modding the current ones by cutting and welding. D

·
Registered
373 Posts
damn replica grill :dead: i also bought the grill from the group buy but i never tried installing it yet. pls do make a write up for us if u can dave. hopefully my tabs arent TOO off... :shifty:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did a ghetto mod to get mine on becuase I was really fed up with trying to bend and mold the brackets that the grill had, I can take pics aswell. basicly all i did was take 1 screw and washer insert it into Grill bracket. then I cut a 2" metal plate .5" wide and i drilled a hole at the end so I could put another screw and washer into the hoods bracket.

also my grill has a 0.5 cm gap on the left side between the grill n hood. You can only see if if u look at it closely

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LaYzEe said:
damn replica grill :dead: i also bought the grill from the group buy but i never tried installing it yet. pls do make a write up for us if u can dave. hopefully my tabs arent TOO off... :shifty:
I just got off the phone with my friend that helped me with it. The paint is curing right now. 4 coats of black and 2 coats of clear. It will be ready on Tuesday so when I pick it up I will take pics of the brackets as well as what else we did to make it work. I sure am glad he helped me out, not bad for a 1/2 rack of St Pauli Girl. :p

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
hiimj0ne said:
Tell me about it, that's why I haven't put mine on yet. :(
hurry up, so you can return my roomie's heat gun. i miss using our vaporizer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
These Impul grills look great, I quite fancy getting one.
Has any one tried to fit these to a UK primera GT bonnett with the centre bit, I suppose I'd have to cut the centre bit out.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
^^^yeh, you just need to cut th center out and your good to go. i dont know about strength isues after that tho. the grille itself should be easy for you to source in the uk.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
siyf600 said:
These Impul grills look great, I quite fancy getting one.
Has any one tried to fit these to a UK primera GT bonnett with the centre bit, I suppose I'd have to cut the centre bit out.
dang, i wish we could just trade bonnets/hoods. DeaDg20 actually bought the UKDM grill inserts, and is gonna add a "center bit" (not centre :p ) to make it look like the UKDM hood.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts