Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In cabin micro-filter?

I just saw this advertised on infinitpartsusa.com.

http://www.infinitipartsusa.com/Product.asp?Productid=1409

I don't recall seeing this mentioned in my owners manual. Has anyone ever changed this filter in their car? If so, where is it located and how do you check/remove it? My girl has pretty bad allergies so i'm thinking this would be a good $30 investment.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I was curious about those myself, pretty dusty here in AZ. Anybody out there purchased one of these? If so, where in the world is it installed in the car?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Mold huh? Perhaps I will look into purchasing some of those in the next week or so. Almost 50,000 miles on the car, doubt they have been changed.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Well, I am changing my oil this weekend, maybe I will stop by Scottsdale Inf. and pick some up. Can't wait to see what nasty stuff is lurking in there...:confused:

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
lol!

I changed the 2 filters in my other car at 22K and it was scary what was in there... green and black mold.. along with leaf bits and red dust (from my out west trip) and some other junk... almost looked like a science experiment.... I had a sneeze attack when I did it.. not fun (I do have allergies myself)... so just be warned that it can be gross!!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Infiniti of Scottsdale wanted $45.XX for the the set of filters. Infinitipartsusa.com only wants $29.99 for them. Guess I will order them...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I couldn't see these filters anywhere behind the glove box when i looked last night. Does anyone know where they're located on the P11?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, i didn't *remove* the glove box, but i checked it out in there from every possible angle and didn't see anything. I'll try removing it tonight and see if i see anything different. <shrug>

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
lol

I guess the filters are a matter of opinion... if you drive with the windows open most of the time, why bother with air filters? but if you are one of those big allery sufferers that keep the a/c going and windows up all the time in summer, then you'd probably have nothing but good things to say about it!

....they do work well for filtering the air and keeping the sniffles down during Hay Fever season!

·
Registered
562 Posts
do these filters slide out or drop from the bottom or what? I read about this micro filter long time ago and tried to take mine apart...I took my car apart and didn't see where I could slip out a filter...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Nevermind....I took mine apart and figured it out....damn it looks nasty...I have 65K miles now and damn it looks like its about time I change it....It doesn't really looks like mold on mine...the filter looks like a regular engine air filter but smaller and there are two of them one on top of each other vertically.... looks like it has been working pretty well....I could tell the filter used to be white....but now its a dark grey and thick of dust and lint and everything...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts