Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i bought a 92 g20 from someone with 225K on it. the day i got it i beat my friend anthonys 91 civic hatch twice and proceeded to drive home when my engine started knocking. i towed the car home, ordered an engine, and imediately started removing the engine. im 18 and this is my first real big project, but i got the engine out without any real problems. now i have started putting all the u.s. market manifolds and accesories onto the JDM sr20. right off the bat you can see that both the JDM intake and exhaust manifolds are way differnt. also there is none of that stuff suroundidng the oil seperater. i also changed out the large sensor on the back side of the block, the left engine mount bracket (which is almost exactly the same) and ac compressor bracket. im still waiting on a clutch so i can change the tranny over as well(it feels solid enough) a problem im having though, is why wont my driver side drive shaft wont come out of the transmission? also, does anyone know of anything else i need to take off my u.s. market sr20 to put on my jdm sr20? any tips for when i go to swap my tranny or put my engine back in would be good too. thanks :cheese:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
It has a snap ring on it, so it requires a bit more force than the other side. I find a properly placed prybar does the job quite nicely, just be careful not to mangle the little seal protector ring on the axle itself as it is pretty soft metal.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
swap all the sensors.. and if u dont have to worry about emissions, then keep the jdm manifolds... ditch the egr junk on ur old engine.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont have to worry about emissions, but in order to keep the jdm manifolds what do i have to do? i mene, do i have to swith the throttle body or anything? what about the map sensor, and how much different is it going to be putting it back in? i just figured i would keep the us market intake and buy a set of hotshot headers. but i like the japanese intake better. it looks way less cluttered.i would probably still get the headers though. let me know how muck more difficult it would be to keep the jdm parts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts