Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed that after running my 96 g hard everynow and then that it tends to drop below idle when at a stop sitting in neutral but when i run premium gas and some octane boosters, i dont know if its just me but it seems to take care of the problem most of the time, do i have bad fuel injectors,or maybe the pump, any ideas anybody,

matt

·
Registered
306 Posts
Similar problem

Just got my G and it seems to have a more mild condition to what you mentioned. It had a very slight raising and lowering of the idle speed. You could just see the needle moving slowly up and down no more than like 10-20 rpm. You could hear it if you listened carefully. It is that minor right now but if there is a fix, I'd like to know.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have something simliar but its that very occasionally the Revs sit at about 1000 instead of dropping after a second... but I figure it just needs a service and a tune. I'm going to get it done soon so I'll let you know if it makes any improvements.

Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
139 Posts
I fixed the idle dropping problem on my 2.0 '94 Primera (U.K.) by altering the TPS to be a lower voltage than the usual recommendation with a closed throttle.

0.4v between the top 2 terminals with the ignition on but engine not running works better for me than the usual 0.45 to 0.55v. As an experiment, I set the TPS to 0.6v and the idle wanders up and down like a yo-yo all the time. I may be compensating for something that's a bit out somewhere else, so it may not work for you, but it's worth a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts