Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i am joe, i live in utah but im currently in the state of indiana visiting my sister and just wanted to see if there are any people here. She is in terra haute indiana anyone around this area?

also i will be coming out to chicago tomorrow, we are going to visit the art institute of chicago anyone have any other cool local places to see while we are there (we are going to be there for about a day or so -- her friends are coming and all have to work the next day at like 2pm) so what are the must see's in chicago in <=24hours

thanks guys

joe

·
Registered
493 Posts
Make sure you take a walk through Millenium Park and continue on down Michigan AVe just to take in the sights. This wont be an issue since theArt Institute is located on Michigan Ave right next to the park. Its an amazing place to see for the first time. The Institute is impressive too... it should be considering it;s the most expensive school in the country.

Id also recommend checking out the Shed Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry if you have time. Bothe are a lot of fun to check out.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome thanks for the recommends

where is the shed aquarium located at?

joe

·
Registered
526 Posts
Wiggy said:
awesome thanks for the recommends

where is the shed aquarium located at?

joe
you'll see it's at the museum campus on the south side off of lake shore drive a little south of buckingham fountain; the shedd, planetarium, field and science and industry museums are all there. I recommend avoiding navy pier, there is nothing there and its amazingly expensive for everything. I suggest seeing a Cubs or Sox game if your in town, if your a Cubs fan or not go to the Weiner's Circle (mentioned in the movie the Breakup), a must stop on Clark and diversey. (1.5 mile south of wrigley field on clark). If you like roller coasters then go to Six Flags Great America, in Gurnee, take 294 north until Grand ave, if you need anything else, just pm me.

p.s. avoid taking the Ryan you'll be sitting in traffic for hours at 0 mph from Indiana (80/94) route. Take the skyway(tollway off 65 yeah it costs $3.50 to cross but you'll burn much more than a gallon of gas taking the 80/94 route!) and you'll only get a little of the traffic, trust me its unavoidable, even at 3-5 in the morning

·
Registered
13,187 Posts
hey.. tomorrow is a GTG in Glencoe, IL between noon and 3pm and some of the g20 gang will be there if you wanted to swing by and see Eric's project SR20de SUPERCHARGED sentra? (It has pieces of a g20 in it too.. lol)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow thanks for all the replies guys,

while we were there we went to the art instute, a cubs game, rode your amazing transit system (wish it was more like this in salt lake), went to guligans for dinner last night, took a quick walk thru millenum park, checked out the congressman hotel which was kinda of strange didn't know that it was owned by the gov't during world war 2, paid 16 dollars to park in your huge underground parking garage, saw the fountain that was in married with children, saw the sears tower from afar (didn't get a chance to go in it) thanks for all the suggestion guys. i have some fun places to come visit when i come back out!

you guys have a pretty kick ass city, this is one of the most interesting cities in that if you need an ATM you can walk down an alley and use one thats built into a wall.

one of the things i wish i would have had was more time and a bike to get around and see all the sites!

how was the meet today? (wish i would have been able to go to that we were on our way out at that time)

thanks to all you guys who replied if you ever need any places to stay visit while your in utah let me know!!

best regards and thanks for your hospitality

joe

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ya Chicago is an awesome city, just wish it was about 500 miles to the south so the Winters werent so darn harsh! I used to work at Gullivers when I was in college :p
Nothing beats their mushroom steak burger (or the pizza)
Thats like 2 minutes from where I grew up ;-)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wiggy, I wish I would've seen your post sooner... I could've suggested some things for you to do. Have lived in Chi-town since 1985 and know it pretty well. Oh well, maybe next time!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts