Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
magnificent pooper
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Individual Throttle Bodies (ITB's). So i just heard about them, and I've grasped the basic concept. Anyone know more about them, and would like to give their two cents, maybe offer pros and cons (from your perspective)? Maybe a true mechanical outlook, even short term/long term advantages and disadvantages?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
1. no real HP increase
2. majorly $$$ project
3. PITA getting to work because your intake has a maf

·
Registered
501 Posts
itbs are more a response thing but if u really want to do it i hope you have some fab skills

as far as management you will need to get rid of your maf unless you use a plenum of some sort so that means new ecu of some sort, or hacked version of yours if your a computer guru :)

·
magnificent pooper
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh no, I'm not planning on using it, I just want to know more about it. I think a custom turbo project would be a little more cost worthy before attempting this :p.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have them in my Celica with open velocity stacks and love them. My throttle response is amazing and the open velocity stacks sound mean. :)

The motor came stock with the ITBs though, so I can't compare to not having ITBs on the same motor.

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
ITB's are definitely superior to a single TB on the end of a plenum -- mainly for throttle response.

Take a look at the GTI-R SR motor. It's got ITB's.

Doesnt matter if you have a MAF system either... it's a long way away from the ITB's. The total flow is still measured as usual.

All the ITB's do is equalize intake pressure at each cylinder.

- Greg -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts