Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey-

I don't know how many people have seen my car since I did a bunch of stuff to it, so here is an update.

I am almost done converting the exterior pieces to Japanese-Spec. (everything except bumpers) Here is what I have done so far.

Emblems, Grille, Turn Signal, Wheel Caps, Sidemarkers, 2.0 Sticker, and my Electronicly Folding Side Mirrors. I also got around to bolting on a ///M3 spoiler.

I am about to start doing interior things including a new system, but I still want to get the Te bumpers and sides. :confused:

BEFORE

AFTER

Go here for more pictures and a little guide about JDM parts.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Looking good man! I'm doing a Primera conversion myself. Not a J-spec conversion though, but just removing all the signs of Infiniti and replaceing them with Nissan. Here's what I've done so far:

-Primera and Nissan Badges in the rear
-Replaced Infiniti symbol in the front with a Nissan emblem. I have the Primera Grill but I haven't got it painted yet. I just painted the chrome stock grill flat black for now.
-Nissan emblem from the front of an Altima over the Infiniti logo on the Steering wheel.
-Removed the word "INFINITI" from the rear glass
-OEM Nissan Keys - Ignition from Altima and Valet from Maxima

The only thing that's left visibly Infiniti is the Valve cover which I'll change as soon as I find someone. I don't have any pictures of the new changes yet but I'll get some soon. :D
---

I've got all complimets and some weird looks regarding the car. The LA Auto show's planning office is in my building. Scott Webb (www.webbracing.com) who works with the show left me a business card in my window. He wrote on the back, "I like the Primera badging It reminds me of the BTCC races a couple years ago." I thought that was cool...:p

Then I went to Santa Monica Nissan to buy the Nissan Keys and a thermostat. While I was waiting for the parts, one of the tech from service asked me, "Is that your Primera outside?" I said yes then he told me about how cool it was because you never see anyone doing that conversion and how he likes the wheels (Saab wheels). After showing me the new Nismo catalogs, he gave me his name and told me to come back if I ever need anything and he'd hook me up. I was like, "Damn right I will." ;)

With the Nissan keys, I really forget what I"m driving. I was at the mall and checked out the rice store to see if they had anything interesting. The guy at the counter asks me what car I drive. I say Nissan Primera. He's like, "Huh?" then he looks at the Nissan key hanging around my neck for a second and is like, "Oh yeah, those are cool." I knew he didn't have a clue what a Primera was.

Hah, sorry about the long post. Primera's kick ass. The best I ever had...:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
your wheels are so clean....

i like the changes you've done so far and your car looks clean.

regarding the mirrors not adjusting properly - 240SX owners have been taking the housing assemblies apart and switching over the internal parts and motors and retaining the LHD mirror housings, that way your mirrors still line up.

only thing i've switched over is the grill. my car is BN6 but my grill is whatever blue the zenki P10 came in so it's a little mismatched. i have the side repeaters but haven't got around to changing them yet. i've also got the rear emblems but i don't think i want to put them on.

i wish i had gotten a gray P10 because this is how i wanted my car to look

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
i like what you are doing to your g20 man.In the uk the p10 is slightly different to the jap and nz spec.For example the side markers are further up the wing and not in the side moulding also the 2.0 sticker is replaced by an ABS sticker and we dont get the electrical folding mirrors.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hypercarrots said:
regarding the mirrors not adjusting properly - 240SX owners have been taking the housing assemblies apart and switching over the internal parts and motors and retaining the LHD mirror housings, that way your mirrors still line up.
Maybe I'll get around to it. My right mirror was broken in an accident, that is how I got my JDM mirrors painted for free. Not being aligned it bothering me more a more everyday though.

Mike.Com said:
Removed the word "INFINITI" from the rear glass
How hard was that? It molding is comming off my rear window so I was thinking of doing this soon. Any tips?

Originally posted by GT UK
In the uk the p10 is slightly different to the jap and nz spec.
Yep. I decided I like the 2.0 Te from Japan the best. Well maybe second best, I like the wing on the Autech.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
trbobrk said:

How hard was that? It molding is comming off my rear window so I was thinking of doing this soon. Any tips?
Here's how I did it:

1. Remove the rear deck (speakers) cover

2. Peel away the tape underneath the "Infiniti", the tape is black on the back and chrome on the other side.

3. "Infiniti" will now be clear. From inside the car, fill in the letters with a black paint pen.

4. 'das it!

I'm surpried no one has come up with some light to put underneath the letters to make the "Infiniti" letters glow since they are clear without the tape. ;)

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike.Com said:
I'm surpried no one has come up with some light to put underneath the letters to make the Infiniti letters glow since they are clear without the tape. ;)
That would be awesome, and so easy to do. Too bad I want to get rid of the Infiniti or I would do that tommarow. :lol:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Mike.Com said:

Then I went to Santa Monica Nissan to buy the Nissan Keys and a thermostat. While I was waiting for the parts, one of the tech from service asked me, "Is that your Primera outside?" I said yes then he told me about how cool it was because you never see anyone doing that conversion and how he likes the wheels (Saab wheels). After showing me the new Nismo catalogs, he gave me his name and told me to come back if I ever need anything and he'd hook me up. I was like, "Damn right I will." ;)

Aren't those guys at SM Nissan the best!? They hook me up everytime. They are always giving me great discounts on everthing. 5% here, 20% there; it's awsome.

As for my primera conversion, it's going well. But I still need to paint my grill and install the side markers. I'm going for the Euro look so the sidemarkers will be a little harder to install. So everything i have done (or soon to be done) is:

-- Primera grill (needs to be painted)
-- Primera badging
-- Nissan badging
-- Euro sidemarkers
-- Primera Steering wheel
-- removed Infiniti logo on rear window
-- JDM 2.0 stickers

I hope to have pics of the steering wheel posted shortly after the SoCal G20 meet. Does anybody know for sure if the 200SX SE-R center caps fit our wheels? If so I'll will buy as set asap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Infiniti G20 ->> Nissan Primera

trbobrk said:
Hey-

I don't know how many people have seen my car since I did a bunch of stuff to it, so here is an update.

I am almost done converting the exterior pieces to Japanese-Spec. (everything except bumpers) Here is what I have done so far.

Emblems, Grille, Turn Signal, Wheel Caps, Sidemarkers, 2.0 Sticker, and my Electronicly Folding Side Mirrors. I also got around to bolting on a ///M3 spoiler.

I am about to start doing interior things including a new system, but I still want to get the Te bumpers and sides. :confused:

BEFORE

AFTER

Go here for more pictures and a little guide about JDM parts.
I was just wondering why you changed your clear corners to the amber ones?? I live in Okinawa Japan and most of the ones here are clear. Here are a few pics of my car let me know if you need anything else to convert your G20 :cool:

http://community.webshots.com/user/nonelower2001

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BritCG20 said:
Does anybody know for sure if the 200SX SE-R center caps fit our wheels? If so I'll will buy as set asap.
KBslacker said that a while back, don't know if it is true. They look the same shape, but the Nissan writing is 45 degrees off, so I decided to go for the real thing, which I traded mine with a guy in NZ.

200sx
Primera

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: Infiniti G20 ->> Nissan Primera

Nonelower2001 said:
I was just wondering why you changed your clear corners to the amber ones?
Becasue I like orange.

Nonelower2001 said:
let me know if you need anything else to convert your G20
Steering wheel,
Te bumpers and sides,
I guess that is all I have left that is different besides guages and floormats which I can have them made here in USA.

Questions:
Do you have the automatic climate control on the p10 in Japan?
What does it do when you switch it to Auto? I might want that too.

Does it say Nissan on the bottom edge of the rear glass?

What is the switch below the cigerette lighter? Looks like something to do with the auto tranny.

What are the switches between the gear shifter and the window controls?

More switches, under the mirror control, what do those two do?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I do have the automatic climate cotrol in my car, I don't use it but I do have it. It should keep the car at what temp you set it at.

The switch below the ashtry is for the A/T, it is the power/ hold switch. The power makes you go a little faster and makes your shifts at higher RPM's.

The switches under the mirror controles. One of mine is blank and the other is a switch for the parking lights and the fog lights.

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
hey Nonelower2001!

I like your 94 p10.

Is that front bumper and lower spoiler (front end) standard along with the center driving lights? I love how that looks! ..and those side flairs and back bumper/spoiler combo looks fantastic too! Why couldn't we get that stock on our G20's here anyway?

Also, is it just me or is that Japanese P10 Primera sporting a different rear spoiler/tail?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: hey Nonelower2001!

Chris said:
I like your 94 p10.

Is that front bumper and lower spoiler (front end) standard along with the center driving lights? I love how that looks! ..and those side flairs and back bumper/spoiler combo looks fantastic too! Why couldn't we get that stock on our G20's here anyway?

Also, is it just me or is that Japanese P10 Primera sporting a different rear spoiler/tail?

Thanks for the props on the car:cool: but they are not a stock setup. :*(
The front,sides and back are aftermarket.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: hey Nonelower2001!

BritCG20 said:
It's just you. :p
Originally I was going to reply the same thing in a joking manner, but I think it actually is the same as the g20t spoiler.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yeah I thought so. I know we're getting jipped on this side of the Pacific, but I was hoping against hope that we're not gettin' screwed THAT badly. How much did you spend on your upgrades? Are they all cosmetic, or do you have some exclusive "Japan-only" power parts under your hood too? Care to share?

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FF Drifter said:
Yeah I thought so. I know we're getting jipped on this side of the Pacific, but I was hoping against hope that we're not gettin' screwed THAT badly. How much did you spend on your upgrades? Are they all cosmetic, or do you have some exclusive "Japan-only" power parts under your hood too? Care to share?
Who are you talking to?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: Re: hey Nonelower2001!

Nonelower2001 said:

Thanks for the props on the car:cool: but they are not a stock setup. :*(
The front,sides and back are aftermarket.
Damn, I guess it's confusing when multiple people are replying to the same thread at once, but I was referring to nonelower2001's car and his upgrades.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts