1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Great find. Is the obdI codes the same as the ECU flash codes? If so is that all of them as I had a post on here that showed alot more I think.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The clerks at Auto Zone and Advance Auto couldn't find the ecm, thinking it was in the fuse box. The guy at Pep Boys found it in about a minute...

...it's under the dash just to the right of the center console.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does it work for 2000 G20? I tried to follow the instruction with accelerator pedal depressing and releasing and nothing happened... ((

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is it just me or do those codes no longer work? I've got these 2 codes I need deciphered. P1400 and P1105 - 1999 Inf. g20t

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
p1400 is EGR control solenoid valve and p1105 is Map/baro switch solenoid valve. I have a link right in this thread with the answers.

Did you perform any work on the car? These codes would lead me to believe you have two vac lines not connected. Map sensor is on the firewall and is says "boost sensor" on it.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
you can try to replace the boost sensor. That didn't work for me when I had that code. But I was boosted and that sensor doesn't like to see positive pressure. You aren't boosted by any chance are you?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lol no, just bone stock afaik, minus my removed resonator & muffler (Which I'm putting a performance muffler to quiet down the straight pipe).
The only work I've done to the car is: Basic tune-up - Oil change, spark plug replace. Haven't replaced wires yet, they seem good. Before doing the tune-up I got "Misfire in cyl. 4", now that error is gone and I'm receiving these 2 codes.

The car sounds so good full straight pipe, minus the raspiness near gear switch, but it's such a drone and gives my passengers in the back seat a headache.. Plus I think it knocked the straight pipe off the flex pipe because every time the rear of my car goes over a bump, as it hits the end of the bump I hear what sounds like a tin can scraping the street or bottom of my car :mad:

·
Registered
425 Posts
OBDII elm Bluetooth from Kitbest is very much slower than the Consult Android for real time data. But it does show short term fuel trims which consult android does not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts