Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one actually heard either one or both ? How do they compare ? Becuase the Kappa are way more expensive.

thanks again from
Mr. Stereo on a Budget

·
Registered
343 Posts
Have you been swopping keys on your keyboard... I beleive the word you were after was "THE"

hehe
:)

Kev

·
Registered
138 Posts
they're both ok...the reference series is more intended for those who dont wanna use an external amp and run off HU power, not saying you can't use an external amp, and the kappa's can handle more power...both are ok, but i wouldn't get either...better can be had for about the same price...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Infinity Reference

I used to have a set of Infinity Reference 4"x6" plate speakers up front and a set of Reference 6.5" two-way speakers in back. The 4x6 speakers had OK clairity, but the 6.5" speakers could be muddy at times. Also, the 6.5" speakers didn't cut it on the bass; I would strongly suggest a sub if you decide to go with these. That's just from my own experience, so you may find that you'll be fine without one. I tend to be extremely picky when it comes these sorts of things, so if you're not looking for audiophile quality, this may be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
these kinda speakers arent ment to bump. so yes a sub is nessasry but if you wanted bass from ur rears then you should have gotten the 6 1z2 compnents they handel 400wts. i love my kappas sound is great

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nismoboy1 said:
they're both ok...the reference series is more intended for those who dont wanna use an external amp and run off HU power, not saying you can't use an external amp, and the kappa's can handle more power...both are ok, but i wouldn't get either...better can be had for about the same price...

So what is better at that price the Blaupaunkts ?

I have a chance to either get the Kappa for like 115 bucks or go with my Kenwoods all the way around ?

·
Registered
138 Posts
poppy_morenito said:

So what is better at that price the Blaupaunkts ?

I have a chance to either get the Kappa for like 115 bucks or go with my Kenwoods all the way around ?
oh hell no, totally different price range...i only suggested those in a different post because those would be cheapest speakers i would even think about getting if that was all the money i had...but to step it up a notch, id consider the other ones i posted in the "2ohm vs. 4ohm" thread...the mb's, focal's, rainbow's, cdt's, etc.

if it were me, i wouldn't even put rear speakers in and try to get the best front comps i can afford, but thats just me

and to answer your question, out of only those 2 sets i'd go for the kappa's

·
Registered
429 Posts
Woooo

Never underestimate Pioneer! Unless you a total "audiophile" as someone else said...I got 2 buddies who both work at diffrent audio stores, one is sales one is installer..I asked them about this. Here is some responses

"Oh that cute you drive Infiniti now so you have to have Infinity speakers so it all match's?"

"Dood dont waste the money on that $280 10" all-in-one"

"Man f$^^% go Pioneer dood they get great sound for a great price"

"Dont buy Alpine deck either foo, try to match the componets"

"Yeah I know, we sell 3x as many Circus decks" (Bye this he means the ones with lighted moving jigging space flying dolphin jumping heads)

"Hey man is that Loaded yet?":smoke:

This is all stuff that came up in our conversation...Kinda threw me with the Alpine thing thou.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well , I went the cute route and got 2 sets of 6.5 Infinity Kappa's.

I went to Senor Stereo ( I swear thats a real name ) and listen to my my earswere bleeding .... I like the sound the best for what I listen to in the car ... thanks everybody let you know what happens when I do the install ....

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am acutally following a suggestion here and bidding on :
US Acoustics USX4065 4 ch 320 watt on ebay now but some one just out bid me by a dollar shit ...

well still 2 days 20 hours left.. if price goes too high ( with shipping ) I will buy something from sounddomain.com ...

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got 6.5 Kappa in front and back now ....WOW .. very clear sound with a little more thunmo up front

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'd say the Kappas are better performing speakers than the references. If you wanted to stay with Infinity brand you might try the Perfect components. Those might be a tad more expensive. I'm not too fond of the sound of the Kappas. I believe they have quarts injected cone which is very stiff and can take some serious abuse but to me lack lifeness in the midrange. Warm mids is typically an attributed to fluid-quality of the cone. Quarts and aluminum cones for mids are a bid to stiff. Poly cones, Kevlar, Nomex and carbon reinforced cones have excellent flat responses throughout the mid range. I've been into car audio now for about 8years so my ears are a bit more trained and picky than most. I installed some Kappa components into my roomates integra about 3 months ago and they seemed too high and his system sounded like tweeters and subs. I cured the problem with a simple EQ but a couple weeks ago I bought a pair of oversized 6.5's at a scrap electronc store for 12 bucks each. They where beautiful speakers made by a Denmark company called Peerless which makes excellent home audio stuff. Poly cone, seemless surrounds, spyder, and monster magnet. I swapped the front kappa components with these and paired them with some old JBL GTi tweeters I had sitting around and now it sounds ten times better. But then again since these were oversized I had to build a thin baffle out of MDF to make them fit. This could have helped the kappa get better response but wasn't nessisary. Could be the install...Infinity is an excellent company. My upcoming G20 system will have a single 12' powered by a Infinity Kappa mosfet amp.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It could be the install or other things, but I believe that it has to do with the music that you listen to also. I mean speakers are as good as what are they capable of playing. I have a Boston Acoustics Pro Series 6.4 components and it's great when I play instrumental jazz, sucks a bit when I play Creed in high volume.
Try to buy a CD with labels such as Terlac(Classical), GPR(Jazz), or Sheffields. You can really hear the difference. EQ could help to adjust minor adjustments and to enhance the clarity of your music you listen to. If i could just freakin' find that wirings for my EQ..., I'll be set for awhile :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts