1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: Info on suspension mods like lowering improving handling and other stuff(A MUST READ)

MR. RYTE said:
First of all, this was found in the Honda/Acura forum. However, I feel that the basic concepts discussed in this link are vital understanding how suspensions work and thus how to make the right choices on how to upgrade it.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36019&highlight=lower+ball+joint

(Sh*t, if you're going spend a crapload of money you might as well be 110% sure you know WTF you're spending your hard earned money on. );)

Not bad. He left some things out and didn't get some thing quite right, but it's a pretty good primer. I'd probably get a few things wrong in a post to a forum just because of time to write it and not spend a long time editing and such.

BTW, he got single adjustable and double adjustable dampers wrong. Single adjustables may adjust both jounce and rebound or may just adjust jounce. Double adjustable dampers adjust jounce and rebound independently. There are also dampers that can be more than double adjustable. I don't know all the details, but I know they can be adjusted for shaft speed of the damper.

He also talks about body roll, but doesn't go into it. Body roll does not affect total load transfer. That's something I just found out while reading Carroll Smith's book "Tune to Win."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts