Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Can this be a DIY? Or need I to bring it in to the stealership?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
b-b00gie said:
DIY ;)

Try looking on www.se-r.net for more info.

I hope someone will do a how to on this for G20.net :cool:
Are you hinting me?
BTW, speaking of which I think we should have a "DIY" section devoted to in the forum.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I helped Dom do his on this P11 a while a go. I've been bugging him for the pics we took. I'll really bug him for the pics soon. I've done about 3 short shifter installations so I guess I'll volunteer.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
v_knot said:

BTW, speaking of which I think we should have a "DIY" section devoted to in the forum.

If you write a DIY article feel free to submit it to me and we can put it on the G20.net website in the "Tech Info>How-to" section.

=)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I've done it too on my car. it's sorta a pain, just do to the space provided, but otherwise it's an easy install. The higher you can get the car, the easier it'll be (this was my problem, with my jack and jackstands i couldn't get the car that high in the air). But it's definitely a DIY job.

Oh yeah, i probably have a couple pictures somewhere on my hard drive of the install too, if they are needed.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
JustinP10 said:

Oh yeah, i probably have a couple pictures somewhere on my hard drive of the install too, if they are needed.

Please search, and write Mr. G20.net Staffer :lick:

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I'll search my computer (and cd photo album collection) tomorrow. I have a huge test tomorrow morning at 9:00 and I just got home from work (10:15pm). DOH! Time to start studying. :nervous:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
G-Forces said:
I helped Dom do his on this P11 a while a go. I've been bugging him for the pics we took. I'll really bug him for the pics soon. I've done about 3 short shifter installations so I guess I'll volunteer.
Did I hear you right....you're volunteering to change the short shifter on my car? LOL....but seriously, would you do it for me J? I promise to get you a steak for the bbq!!!! :cheeky: I will be in Toronto during Easter weekend and, of course, on the 19-21 April weekend. Do you know any place in Toronto that sells a B&M short shifter? Worst comes to worst, I'll order one via internet.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
v_knot said:
Did I hear you right....you're volunteering to change the short shifter on my car?
No I won't do it for you. But I will help you. I have the tools you need too, but you'll be doing most of the wrenching. ;) We'd just need a driveway.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
G-Forces said:

No I won't do it for you. But I will help you. I have the tools you need too, but you'll be doing most of the wrenching. ;) We'd just need a driveway.

And Jason will be taking pictures of every step! :p

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
with the weather outside lately? hmm.....crawling under the car will not be fun.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Could you just drive onto a snow bank and make a tunnel under the car to lay in? I think that'd be funny too see, although probably really dangerous, if the snow were to cave in on you. oh yeah, and probalby pretty cold too :lol:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
brilliant idea Justin! we are Canadians NOT Polar Bears!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Sorry, couldn't help it. I have the opposite problem though.. if i don't have a garage to work in, i'll burn myself trying to work on my car. The ground gets so hot here it'll burn you!. I've seen people get blisters on their feet from trying to walk barefoot in the summer time many times. It sucks, if a tool is in the sun for more than a couple minutes, you can't grab it cause it's so hot :-(
Thank god for garages... now i just need to find one that's air conditioned :)
BTW, still looking for the pictures... i have too many cd's with car pictures and stuff on them... oops.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I am in the same boat Justin is in, living in Phoenix. Trying to wash you car is a pain also because the sun evaporates the water so damn quickly. You have to do the car in sections.

I have some big industrial strength fans pointed in my garage for when we do work. Not quite air conditioning, but it sure does help.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Get a California Water Blade. Wonderful tool for drying off large areas of car.

Sorry to get back on topic, I'm getting the pics from Dom's SS install as we speak. So I'll be able to do a good HOWTO page on that.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Cool, i'm looking for my SS pictures, i've found a couple, but i can't find all of them... i'm thinking i might have lost them when i moved.. maybe lost that cd or something.

As for drying your car, you have to do it in the shade in teh summer time, and if you have a black car, forget it... a bottle of quick detailer works nicely.. but i'd just wash my car at night, then pull it into my lighted garage to dry it.. then the next morning when i could see better outside, go over the spots i missed with quick detailer. Now with the pearl P10, i don't have to worry about it, that pearl hides a lot more than the black did, and for some reason it seems a ton easier to clean too. Must just be the way black is.. shows everything.

·
Registered
132 Posts
How much should I expect to pay for the Pacesetter and where's the best place to get it? Is it also worth it to buy the shifter bushing? Thanks for the help.

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
JustinP10 said:
Thank god for garages... now i just need to find one that's air conditioned ........
Wait a minute now.. are you dogging my garage? I open the other door and let the breeze with 94 degree temp's flow through the garage. (sheeesh.. some people, can't make them happy) ;)

JustinP10 said:
As for drying your car, you have to do it in the shade in teh summer time, and if you have a black car, forget it... a bottle of quick detailer works nicely
=) =) =)

After washing the car, drive it into the shade (like a garage) ASAP. Then dry the windows first (I use a shamy (sp?)).

Then after you'd dried the entire car, use a air compressor and the attachment for blowing out air with a rubber tip (so as to not scratch anything), and run it along all the cracks of the car with a shamy or towel. This will remove all the extra little water that ends up running out later and leaving little water trails on your paint.

Or at least this is what I do when I'm detailing my car. ;-)

Hey V Knot, drive your car to AZ and I'll help you install your shifter! ; -)

-Kyle

1 - 20 of 25 Posts