Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Circuit City to get the harness and the antenna adaptor for like $50 (oh well) I go back home to install it (Pioneer CD deck 4X45) and run into no problems other than it doesn't sound as good as the stock tape deck...What gives? I got the special speaker harness for "Active" systems and it just doesn't sound as good........any ideas?

My car is a 93.5....I had this deck in another car and it was awsome, but for some reason, I expected more from it this time with amps on all 4 speakers...

Thanks for any help..

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
93.5 aftermarket system

I have a Kennwood in my 93.5 and it is WAY better than the stock system so my guess something is amiss in your setup.

....you do know that there are speaker amplifiers for every speaker in the 93.5 right? ...and you have to either by-pass them OR put in this thing that de-amps at the radio and lets the speaker amps re-amp.

...sorry, but I'm no expert... I just know that it can be tricky with those speaker amps...

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I'd try adjusting the gain on the amps (should have picked up a harness adapter with these controls on it I believe). I know after I tuned this stuff, my speakers sounded a LOT better. Well that and all the controls on the deck too, but the gain controls on the adapter made a big difference.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try to adjust ...

I know exactly what you are talking about and I never even thought to try that (adjust those gains on the amp)...

As far as the speaker amps...I know my car came with them, but that is why I purchased a $40 speaker crossover...The deck is like brand new...I will try to adjust some stuff..

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IT WORKED!!!!

Thaaks for the hint..I just took everything apart and played around with it..I can basically adjust the power from each of the four speakers using a tiny screwdriver.

YIPPIE!!!!

Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts