Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed a new intake i attached all the hoses and plugged the MAF sensor in. i jerry rigged the air temp sensor to be between an adapter and the pipe. it is still inside of the intake itself. car starts runs for like 5 seconds then the idle drops to like 500 rpm then bounces to 1000 rpm a could times then dies. i need help ASAP

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I put the stock filter back on the car and the car Is running again. I'm going to try and change the intakes while the car is running and ill let u know what happens

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
So I put the stock filter back on the car and the car Is running again. I'm going to try and change the intakes while the car is running and ill let u know what happens
You will not succeed. You cannot swap the air intake while the car is running, it will die out as soon as you pull off the intake tube. You either had your MAF on reversed, or you had a large vacuum leak somewhere as stated above.

Put the system on correctly and the car should run fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same thing is happening to me I put my short ram intake on my 96 g20 and once I started it it would die ans so I started it back up again and pushed the gas pedal and it would not go past the 2500 rpm it would stall there and I reset the ecu and no go! I put the maf sensor back on with the adaption of the intakr and it still do tge same tging please help!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
^ Definite MAF issue if it doesnt rev past 2.5k. I had this happened to myself personally twice. First I left battery unconnected for week and the problem disappear. The second time, I took out the ecu and leave it out of the car for couple days, putting back in, the car rev past 2500 with that same MAF. I guess its all depend on how you reset the ecu. I tried screw method and drain the battery out over night but those didn't fix the prob, I had to leave the battery out for weeks lol

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Did you pour sand into the intake? If not explain better what running on sand means because I have nothing to equate your description with as I have never run anything on sand ergo I do not know how an engine would behave with sand as fuel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a question I have a 1999 q45t infiniti I put a aftermarket cold air intake on it everything was hooked up right and no leaks checked a bunch of times and when I crank my car up it runs a couple seconds then dies unless I got my foot on the pedal but when I put my stock on it runs just fine what could it be

·
Registered
2 Posts
I didn't oil the filter or nothing figured it already was with how it was wrapped when I bought it I'll definitely try it without the filter but I just don't get it my maf is in the right direction theres no leaks do you think the car might just not be built to handle a aftermarket cold air intake

1 - 20 of 21 Posts