Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I purchased a used Pacesetter header and decided to install it today. Install went ok until I had to insert the EGR tube into the header. WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS!

So, the short story is, Pacesetter headers install just fine on G20's
:) . I have never seen a signature of a P10 or P11 owner with one so I thought I would take a chance. And I got such a steal on the price, I could not pass it up.

All bolts came out with ease. Used PB Blaster. Awesome stuff! Well almost all. The cat heat shield is no longer on the car because two bolts snapped. Will redrill and fix that when time permits. And one of the cat bolts came out with the stud. It is stripped but is working ok for now. Will replace that also with a nut/bolt when time permits.

The Primary was painted with POR-20 and seems to be fine. It looks much better that way than rusty.

Oh, did I say that the EGR tube was a pain in the ass to insert. If not, I thought I would mention that. It was a BITCH! That was where I spent most of my freakin time. On that damn tube. Damn tube it was! needless to say, it leaks slightly at the EGR tube since I did not tighten it all the way. that will be fixed ASAP tomorrow!

Dyno should be within a month for results! And pics to come soon!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention, I replaced the manifold gasket with OEM. It's almost a given there.

But I did not replace the secondary to cat gasket. It was in great shape and I just cleaned it up a little and reinserted it. No leaks and I get to return the new one I bought since I did not need it. Only $7, but $7 is $7, right? =)

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: Re: Installed PS Header today. Lovin' it! Well...

NismoPC said:
Oh, did I say that the EGR tube was a pain in the ass to insert. If not, I thought I would mention that. It was a BITCH!
Yahnozha said:

I second that !!!
I'll third that. :monkey:

·
Registered
863 Posts
I use to have the Pacesetter header in my car. As you said, it fits well on the engine. And gives you a few hp. My car was dyno tested 126.9 whp whith the pacesetter, custom piping (2.25") and the stock muffler, and K&N drop in filter.

I changed the header for a Hotshot. Feel better acceleration inmediately, but have not dyno tested yet, I will, soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
installing pacesetter headers for p11!!???

hi im trying to install a pacesetter headers for a p11...how come there are 2 holes on d headers manifold? do i need to put the rear sensor on the headers cant figure it out!!???? need help thanks...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts