Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time header install. Read SE-R.net, but am still questioning using any lquid gasket stuff.

I am about to install my header today and am trying to figure out if I need to spread any 'goo' gasket, like Permatex copper on the engine before installing the new OEM exhaust manifold gasket.

Also, do I need to spread more goo where the secondary meets the primary before installing the gasket there?

Will be doing this in about an hour. Current time is 10:45 am Eastern.

TIA!

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
i installed some pace setter headers on my eclipse and did not use anyh liquid gasket, just the gasket that was privided with the headers. you should be able to reuse your main gasket, and your headers should come with another gasket to use for where the secondary meets the primary. you will know right away if you have any leaks becuase you will hear it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the header used, so the only gasket I have is the primary to secondary. I purchased a new manifold gasket and secondary to cat gasket from dealer just to be prepared for anything.

Thanks for the info. I did not think the liquid gasket was necessary, but needed confirmation.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
No goo. But it is a good thing you got a new manifold gasket. My car was only about two years old and it ripped to shit when i tried to remove it. Those 'paper' gaskets are only good for one use.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
G-Forces said:
No goo. But it is a good thing you got a new manifold gasket. My car was only about two years old and it ripped to shit when i tried to remove it. Those 'paper' gaskets are only good for one use.
It's actually a graphite covered metal gasket.

Oh, and no gasket or seal should be used more than once except some rubber gaskets or seals such as the valve cover gasket. Even that can be dicey.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts