Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought 2 monitors(Audiovox 5.6''). They are nice but they are made for the headrests. I dont want to put the TV's in the headrest(why do i give a F*** about the people in the back seats. I also dont want them them to get stolen either. So, my bright idea is to custom install it in the mid console near the cupholders and underneath the radio. My friend told me that he can custom install the tv to have a arm system so i can take it out of hole and raise it up so i can see it. What do you guys Think?

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
sounds good to me and if you cant think of a place for the sec monitor just send it to me i'll put it in the console too under the radio
casual :beard:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! I wont give it to you but if anyone wants to buy it email me. Dont get too happy im not sure if im selling it. It all matter on installation costs, and the price of all the other crap i need like antenna, tv tuner and whatnot. The monitor that i have is an AUDIOVOX w/ a 5.6'' screen. The average price for this is around $390. Ill prob sell for 200. (Its brand new w/ all the stuff, and a remote).

·
Registered
6 Posts
suggeestion

move your climate controls into a custom box in the arm rest behind a hinged piece of plexy glass, then mount the monitor in that space, take another piece of plexy glass, and put it on top of that, then get some kind of hinge or velcro and take another piece of plexy and put what ever color vynil on it, and have it hidden behind it, i call it the stealth tv system, i'm doing that to my car.

oh yeah the climate controls all u got to do is put extensions on the wires, and then cut a hole in ur arm rest, run the wires underneath the concel and then mount a tinted piece of plexy glass on hinges and a popper, and presto u have a cuztom setup.

but thats just an idea. i am doing to my car this week, i already got all the pieces and shit., any questions or if u want any diagrams, e-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Joe, I had the same problem. I mounted mines next to the dash and a mount. Wasn't too bad but it bothered the passangers because their left foot would often hit the mount.

So alas, this was the best place to mount the TV. The passengers Visor! It took some custom work but I got it to fit. Here is a pic of the TV installed in my 99 G20t:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For primera_tt suggestion i have a question. OH! i finally got what your trying to say. Your talking about an indash tv...Right? What i have is just a flat Monitor. But thats a good idea.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For wickedG20 reply i dont think i understand what you did and i dont think you understand what i want to do. Heres a link to the monitors i have http://www.discountmobilevideo.com/items/item389.htm. Ok lets try this again. Under the radio. above the cupholder. in front of the shifter. the big hole. OK. I want to hook up an elbow.or. hinge that will bring it up and down.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
OK, I got you. But do you want it to also fold in to that space. Because if you do goodluck, its going to take a lot of custom work. I have been there done that, and I haven't found anything that will hold my tv their. They did sell a mount with the TV already built in that goes under your radio, but I didn't need the screen too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now you got it. Someone has to have that ish. Well anyway does anyone know how much this would cost. Or the cost of 2 monitors installed in the visors..............................!$#@ this is too much of a pain someone buy my ISH. Go to my other thread in the area where you buy stuff if you want them.

And by the way my name is not Joe Momma. LOL its a joke.

·
Registered
6 Posts
well in order for the tv to go in the dash, u have to make custom brakets, they r pretty easy to make, umm some monitors have like the sivel thing on them, just mount the brakets behind that and then presto u have it made. the other thing is that it will only work with the 5 inch, i havent tried with the 6 or 7, but hey maybe u can, u never know. good luck installing them if u do, if u plan on selling them, i'll give u 100 for both.:rambo: :asian:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts