Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im waiting on my sr20det to arrive from japan and was wondering if any one had any suggestions on the install which i am doing myself. i have the sport compact issue that has a pretty detailed article about doing it along with my shop manual on how to take out and replace the engine. i was just wondering if there were some more tricks that some people out their have figured out while doing the swap. also i am looking in to getting the prototype intercooler and down pipe for my car and wondered if any buddy new were to get it from. thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
djcstreet said:
im waiting on my sr20det to arrive from japan and was wondering if any one had any suggestions on the install which i am doing myself. i have the sport compact issue that has a pretty detailed article about doing it along with my shop manual on how to take out and replace the engine. i was just wondering if there were some more tricks that some people out their have figured out while doing the swap. also i am looking in to getting the prototype intercooler and down pipe for my car and wondered if any buddy new were to get it from. thanks a bunch.
The FSM and my article should be pretty much all you will need - at least so far as anyone could predict. Every swap has some little curveballs, but there shouldn't be too many.

As for the IC kit, I was supposed to make another set of pipes for John to copy. I needed some more mandrel bends to make them up, but John never got back to me. I've heard rumor he has a kit for the G20 though, so you might want to call Hotshot. The contact info is in the article.

You'll have to cut the opening of the bumper cover a bit to make it fit with the IC in place. Just take it slow and don't cut too much at once. This is a job for a time when you are not rushed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts