Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I recently replaced the guage lights in my P10 from the standard white to red. When I replaced them, I didn't put the blue condoms from the stock bulbs onto the new red ones. What do they do? Should I put them on the new bulbs or will they just burn up my guages from inside? ;)

Oh, also on a side note, what size bulb fits in the ignition? I know its hella small, but I know someone out there has changed theirs to match their color scheme. Anyone???

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Redlight said:
I didn't put the blue condoms from the stock bulbs onto the new red ones. What do they do?
They make the light have a little blue tinge to them, which is closer to white. If the stock bulbs didn't have them it, the guages would have a slight yellow tinge to them.
Redlight said:
Oh, also on a side note, what size bulb fits in the ignition? I know its hella small, but I know someone out there has changed theirs to match their color scheme.
I think poppy did.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The surface of the bulb gets pretty hot and the blue "condoms" are there to absorb the heat so your instrument pannel will not get excessively hot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts