Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they want to give me 6300 for my 2000 p11 w/ 61xxx miles, how can i convince them to up their offer?
i know some of yall have gone through insurance stuff before, i need advice, this sucks

·
Registered
59 Posts
get adds to show what they're worth and actually selling for, or tell them you'll take the 6300 plus the car or something like that. DO NOT SIGN THE TITLE WITHOUT GETTING ALL YOUR MONEY.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
insurance always tries to give the wholesale value of the car. Tell them you want the full retail value, you're getting a lawyer, etc. Try giving them ads, but they'll usually respond with "That's just the asking price, cars always go for less than the asking price, bla bla" bullsh!t.

Good luck, research and knowledge are your best defense...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, well they went up to 8300 after 500 dollar deductible so that a lil better, the car was 9000 when i bought it and that included the warranty so i broke about even at least, we will prolly get a couple hundred bucks back for the warranty too, i dunno

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
hey, if anyone is looking at this thread and don't want to end up in the same situation, get GAP insurance from you auto insurance company....NOT FROM THE DEALER, FROM YOUR INS CO AFTER U BUY THE CAR. they will pay off the full balance of what you owe on the car if it's totalled.

·
Registered
392 Posts
how much would insurance be for a guy that is 17 years old who got their license for a year?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Dilong26 said:
how much would insurance be for a guy that is 17 years old who got their license for a year?
an arm and a leg... all depends on where you live and what kind of car you drive

·
Registered
188 Posts
Insurance

Im an Insurance Claims Supervisor in the Bayarea (california) and I total vehicles all the time.

I helped someone on Club4ag settle their total loss. An insurance co was offering him $600 for his AE86 and I helped him get $3700.00 and he kept the car.

email me @ [email protected]

Insurance should offer you "FAIR MARKET VALUE". Find at least 3 comparable G20's in your area to support the fair market value.

Insurance companies do not go by Kelly blue book.

The way they calculate fair market value is the insurance company finds their comparables.. adds them up and devides them by the number of comparables they have. They then make additions or deductions for options and conditioning.

Good luck!

btw $8300 is not bad. However you do have low mileage. I was looking at a 2001 G20T with 63k at the dealer and they were asking $11,500.00.

I bought a 2000 G20T instead for $6,000.00 with 98k miles.

Ive seen G20s go from $5500 to $9000 on avg. Thats about right. $11k+ is a lot and thats why that car is still at the dealership to this day.> lol.

·
Registered
871 Posts
LoSt said:
insurance always tries to give the wholesale value of the car. Tell them you want the full retail value, you're getting a lawyer, etc. Try giving them ads, but they'll usually respond with "That's just the asking price, cars always go for less than the asking price, bla bla" bullsh!t.

Good luck, research and knowledge are your best defense...

Tell them you'll get a lawyer and most likely they'll give you your money and not insure you anymore after that...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Lawyer

Once you tell us you are getting a lawyer,

we can no longer discuss the claim with you directly and we deal directly with your lawyer.

if anyone has an insurance claim and needs some advice..

just email me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts