Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any available intake adapters for the 2000 g20 with a attachment for the sensor? If not, what's a good way to put one together? I have a K&N cone filter but I'm having trouble finding a way to include the hose. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
318 Posts
try this...take out your stock box..and when you take it out, you'll see the gold part on the inside of the intake box...find a way to take off that rectangular piece from the box and weld that piece to the MAF sensor...

OR...easiest way...go to Autozone or your local parts store and ask them for an intake adaptor. yeah, I did it the hard way and found out that they sold it at autozone for $10-$15 bucks... :baffled:

http://www.partsamerica.com/Product...3335J&mfrcode=KNN&mfrpartnumber=859329..kinda looks like this...but not this expensive...

im thinking the intake is the same as the P10's..

but i had a write-up on this. i'll find the pics and post them on here again.

_mikey

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
which hose are you talking about?? the breather for the tranny? or the sensor?

for the sensor, just leave it attached to the remaining stock intake pieces.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vi3tdragun4o5 said:
try this...take out your stock box..and when you take it out, you'll see the gold part on the inside of the intake box...find a way to take off that rectangular piece from the box and weld that piece to the MAF sensor...

OR...easiest way...go to Autozone or your local parts store and ask them for an intake adaptor. yeah, I did it the hard way and found out that they sold it at autozone for $10-$15 bucks... :baffled:

http://www.partsamerica.com/Product...3335J&mfrcode=KNN&mfrpartnumber=859329..kinda looks like this...but not this expensive...

im thinking the intake is the same as the P10's..

but i had a write-up on this. i'll find the pics and post them on here again.

_mikey

I couldn't find one for my car at autozone. They had one that fit up to a 94 or 05 Sentra, not sure if it would fit the p11.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cryss said:
which hose are you talking about?? the breather for the tranny? or the sensor?

for the sensor, just leave it attached to the remaining stock intake pieces.
Looks like a temp sensor or something like that. Its attached to the stock airbox and leads to a wired connector plug. Since I'm removing the factory airbox and housing, it will need to connect to the new filter assembly. I'm thinking I'm going to need a 4 screw adapter to attach to the maf sensor, and a pipe or something to connect the adapter to the filter, but the hose would need to be plugged into the pipe. I'm looking to see if anyone sells these two pieces. Autozone sells extension pipes with sensor plugs, but they don't fit my vehicle.

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
hmm i dont remember anything being attachted to the stock air box, there is a sensor attached to the plastic tube just past the resonator. do you have a pic?

are you looking for an adapter like this?

i know for a fact you can get something like that at autozone

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
heck buy a sentra adapter, make sure the 3 holes fit on, then if the 4th needs a little persuasion, drill out a new hole and you have your adapter, as for the breather hose, just put a mini filter on it and you should be set... look for them in the autoparts store too.

·
Registered
318 Posts
hmm its pre-holed but you would have to drill the holes to specify the location and make it fit..Sentras should fit if im not mistaken.

really shouldnt matter..the adapter that they sell at autozone is pretty much universal to your standards to make it fit. unless you wanna weld it which would be the same price...i spent $15-$20 to have them weld the piece from my stock airbox to the MAF sensor for me.

_mikey

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
I got a maf adapter fora sentra off ebay for hella cheap. was here within days. autozone didnt carry and adapters in stock and they said they couldn't order anything for me off the internet so thats why I went to ebay. if they have that sentra one in stock just get that and drill some holes to make it fit and you'll be set.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've found the adapter, now, but now I need a connecting tube between the adapter and filter with a sensor hose attachment. I guess I could cut a pipe and put a hole in, but I just thought someone would sell a premade product to make it easier. This ebay link shows a pipe with attachments for hoses. I need something like that, except short, and straighter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOMZ...4QQihZ004QQcategoryZ38634QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts