Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a k&n cone filter and its pretty loud then one night i parked my car and the next morning when i drove my car it sounded as loud as my buddys type r who has a aem cai also i noticed missing horsepower in the higher rpms wtf ?????:*(

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also when im in 4th at 2000-4500rpms i noticed rattling coming from my engine i checked all clamps on the intake and there fine

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
6'5 290lbs in a G20 said:
also when im in 4th at 2000-4500rpms i noticed rattling coming from my engine i checked all clamps on the intake and there fine
Are you sure that's not detonation?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I had a K & N, a JWT and now CAI.

My K & N was barely louder than stock filter, JWT louder but nice at full throttle and Hot CAI is a realy cool purr but none are really that loud ....

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
what do you mean detonation ??

KABOOM

If you advanced your timing incorrectly or too much, that causes detonation, but the knock sensor on the SR20 should catch it. That would cause the pinging sound as well as loss of performance!

To be on the safe side, have the timing checked on your car.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
WOW WTF

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Geo said:

He's like the plague. Try to destroy it, think it's gone, and then it comes back again and again and again.

Or maybe the Energizer Bunny???

:confused:

Oops! Did I type that?

:lol:

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
:eek: :p Is it mere coincidence that the movie "Jason X" (the non-stop killing machine from the Friday the 13th slasher returns yet again :dead: ) just came out recently?:monster:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts

my timing is fine . i just found out that i need a new set of wires for my plugs could that be it ???
Umm, I've never heard of wires rattling. Anyone know of spark plug wires that rattle? Sorry, but I doubt there are any. Although the wires might help with some other problem in your car *who knows* you'll hafta do something else to stop the rattle....*cough cough, use the forums search feature cough cough*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts