·
Registered
966 Posts
VE with bolt-ons

·
Registered
691 Posts
get it blessed
yea do what he said, poor holy water in the gas tank and in the valve cover. trust me you'll be begging for more HP

·
Registered
642 Posts
yea do what he said, poor holy water in the gas tank and in the valve cover. trust me you'll be begging for more HP
dont quote me on this.

seriously tho, read up on the forums, there is a lot of info available for modding these cars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i don't have a range. I just want some reliable options. Yes there is a lot of info however there is not much for an 02 sport. i want reliability and i want to be able to pass inspection.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
Goodluck on the inspection with either a VE or a DE+t. I don't think either one will pass on an 02.

DE+t you will have code p0400 unless you find a way to install your EGR. As far as VE goes I am not even sure if they will be able to hook up your car to the computer.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Goodluck on the inspection with either a VE or a DE+t. I don't think either one will pass on an 02.

DE+t you will have code p0400 unless you find a way to install your EGR. As far as VE goes I am not even sure if they will be able to hook up your car to the computer.
You can use a resistor for the EGR on the OBDII P10s -- not sure if this is possible on 32-bit OBDII, but I don't see why it wouldn't be. As for the VE, you'd use the DE ECU anyway (albeit a 16-bit one from a 94-96 P10 or a 95-97 B14), so there wouldn't be any problem with hooking up to an OBDII reader with that. Of course, the problem with any swap on a 2000-2002 is that you have to do a harness swap too for the ECU.

·
Farting this very moment
2,225 Posts
200hp where? I'm assuming you're talking wheels since crank hp doesn't mean a whole lot. At the wheels your best shot is to go turbo. A ve will need some serious work to make 200whp, and a de will take way more than bolt ons and still probably not get there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts