Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Lukas and I live in Germany (look at my nickname :lol:)

I am always looking for little things, to make my EU P11 a bit more unique ...

Currently, I am thinking about getting the roof mounted mirror.

I mean to remove this:

And install this:

After a little research I think to have 3 options: (Most parts I would need, you get only in the US and these shops do not ship internationally ...)

Option 1:

Someone of you has a complete set left and would send to Germany.
:woohoo:

Option 2:

On a well - known online-auction-platform ... there is a cheap set, but then I need the cover, the 3 screws and the rubber from the US

Option 3:

Is the T30 (Xtrail) mirror identical? I could get it here in Germany! Then I need the same parts like Option 2 but + the base

As you see ... no matter what option I choose, I need your help :bowdown::nervous:

Last but not least, it would be great if someone could post pictures, how to mount this thing ...

best regards

P.S. This community is :cool: :rockin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow... :sadblue:

Almost 50 views but still no reply?
Is this the wrong area for such a question in the forum?

A few infos about my P11:

P11-144 Hatchback '02

K-Sport suspension
Brake parts from EBC
Steel braided brake hoses
Alutec 18" (225/35 uniroyal rainsport 3)
Ultra Racing Strutbar and H brace
ClimAir wind deflector
OEM headlight protectors
Lip of Renault Laguna I (version with openings)
Audi side indicators
G20 Mirror triangles with JDM power folding mirrors (to get the right angle)
Rear window antenna (connection not finished)
allmost complete interior from STW Edition P11 (Seats must be re-wired and also to the upholsterer before attaching)
Some interior parts black colored (foliatec)

hopefully coming soon:
HoodLift
P11 GT sideskirts
S15 steering wheel
OEM wind deflector

Now you know my car. Can anyone help me with my request?

if i buy this mirror i cant get all parts. but i need all parts to install it...

Since they are not sent internationally by anyone, I need a "man in the middle" who buys the parts and sells them to me ...

Best regards

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Wish I could help you man... good luck getting that to work out.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I would use option 2 or 3 . You don't have to get from the U.S. it will probably have some extra safety feature like 2 feet wide kind of like our added Styrofoam in the bumpers. Try the hardware store and make the rubber cut to fit, like a gasket. The spacers you can get from hardware too. That part will be hidden anyway? So position the mirror where you want it, outline and measure thickness. cut the rubber . Drill the holes after you remove the 8000 trim pieces to get the roof liner off and hope none of them break and rattle when your done. Or since you like the american way , use duct tape. Can't duct it then phuc it . If you are still looking in 2 weeks after I change my cv's I will check the yards and give you an estimate but the shipping will probably put a lump on yer nut. Just saying, good luck.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Also in Florida to get your license, your driving test, you drive around the cars in the dmv parking lot and pull into a parking space. That's it!!! Mind fuck. no road drive test. I now understand why insurance is so high and people cannot drive for shit and they need extra cushion on bumpers with added safety things.

·
Registered
78 Posts
hello german!!
do you have wrecking yards(where you can go and pull parts from cars yourself) in Germany. P10's have a roof mounted mirror and is what you need, you can go to the wrecking yard and take some parts from others cars and make it work. You should check to see if you have a mounting point for the mirror to work other wise your mirror will shake a lot. hope this helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also in Florida to get your license, your driving test, you drive around the cars in the dmv parking lot and pull into a parking space. That's it!!! Mind fuck. no road drive test. I now understand why insurance is so high and people cannot drive for shit and they need extra cushion on bumpers with added safety things.
WTF? popcorn::lmao:

I would use option 2 or 3 . You don't have to get from the U.S. it will probably have some extra safety feature like 2 feet wide kind of like our added Styrofoam in the bumpers. Try the hardware store and make the rubber cut to fit, like a gasket. The spacers you can get from hardware too. That part will be hidden anyway? So position the mirror where you want it, outline and measure thickness. cut the rubber . Drill the holes after you remove the 8000 trim pieces to get the roof liner off and hope none of them break and rattle when your done. Or since you like the american way , use duct tape. Can't duct it then phuc it . If you are still looking in 2 weeks after I change my cv's I will check the yards and give you an estimate but the shipping will probably put a lump on yer nut. Just saying, good luck.

For option 2 i think about this: LINK

As you can see, there is no cover, so I need one. And therefore (I like OEM) I would also buy the rubber and screws (If the screws are also installed elsewhere in the car I could have some)

For option 3 i think about this: LINK

As you can see, the cover is wrong, so the same as above, but I do not know if the base is identical.

In terms of money, it would be almost the same for me... (shipping, rate of exchange...)

Here I found the parts: LINK

Option 3: $23.33 for the parts.

But:
Shipping Information
We ship orders to the contiguous 48 states, plus Hawaii and Alaska only. Shipments can be sent to both PO Boxes and Military APO/FPO addresses. Please allow additional time for orders shipped to APO/FPO addresses. Expedited shipping or large item shipment is not available to these address types.

hello german!!
do you have wrecking yards(where you can go and pull parts from cars yourself) in Germany. P10's have a roof mounted mirror and is what you need, you can go to the wrecking yard and take some parts from others cars and make it work. You should check to see if you have a mounting point for the mirror to work other wise your mirror will shake a lot. hope this helps
In a car (P11 sedan) I take apart, this is under the roof, since the sheets should be the same, I will take this as a starting point.

I think I have to drill three holes?
How much do I have to cut from the trim? (to make it look like OEM)

There is one yard under 10 km from here, unfortunately no p10 at the moment. But ... on Nissan4u.com (Click) you can see that even the oldest EUDM P10 has the mirror on the glass ... :sadblue:

best regards

·
Registered
422 Posts
Not sure as to where to cut or drill the holes. Would have to look at one that is already done like in scrap yard or place where your comfortable with like oem. Measure those distances so it sits right. I never done this before, but seems pretty straight forward. Also there is probably 2 layers of steel there so when you tighten them the steel will pinch and leave a dent around it? Also I would use nylon bolts or loctite instead of squish lock washers too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
ok german you will need to get the mirror first once you get it you will have your hole measurements to mount it. It looks like if you stay INSIDE the beveled /\ line of that would be your cut for the headliner that way your mirror will cover your cut.
WHEN YOU DRILL THE HOLE'S FOR THE MIRROR GO VERY SLOW OR YOU WILL HIT THE ROOF and dent it, all you need is three screws I think its a 5mm screw not to long maybe half inch(don't know in mm). About the Nissan4u link I think that's an after market mirror. take your time and think it through you will get the best result if you analyze your project. Not sure if this video will play in Germany (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5BsLP5hEV8) look at the screws he uses let us know if you have more questions

·
Registered
78 Posts
I will see how much it cost to send a mirror to Germany I would charge you for the mirror and shipping.
there is a lot of yards here and I can get a used one if you would like it would be a lot cheaper too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Not sure as to where to cut or drill the holes. Would have to look at one that is already done like in scrap yard or place where your comfortable with like oem. Measure those distances so it sits right. I never done this before, but seems pretty straight forward. Also there is probably 2 layers of steel there so when you tighten them the steel will pinch and leave a dent around it? Also I would use nylon bolts or loctite instead of squish lock washers too.
The only way for me here in Germany to measure the distances would be a T30 on a scrap yard. However, I do not know if the base is the same.

ok german you will need to get the mirror first once you get it you will have your hole measurements to mount it. It looks like if you stay INSIDE the beveled /\ line of that would be your cut for the headliner that way your mirror will cover your cut.
WHEN YOU DRILL THE HOLE'S FOR THE MIRROR GO VERY SLOW OR YOU WILL HIT THE ROOF and dent it, all you need is three screws I think its a 5mm screw not to long maybe half inch(don't know in mm). About the Nissan4u link I think that's an after market mirror. take your time and think it through you will get the best result if you analyze your project. Not sure if this video will play in Germany (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5BsLP5hEV8) look at the screws he uses let us know if you have more questions
Yes, I can see the video. He's a bit too fast for me.
And right, I will not drill anything before I have a mirror. In addition, I will only remove the trim at all if I have a set "colorme" black. (I love the black trim as it is for example surcharge at BMWs)

About Nissan4u: There is something like a free copy (clone) of the Nissan dealer software "FAST". You will only find OEM parts with original part numbers.

I will see how much it cost to send a mirror to Germany I would charge you for the mirror and shipping.
there is a lot of yards here and I can get a used one if you would like it would be a lot cheaper too.
That sounds really good! Oh, you have already sent me a message? Cool!

Best regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If someone knows a car with black interior that would get parted out...
I'm interested!

Apart from that I still need the mirror!

Best regards

·
Registered
422 Posts
I did not see any of these mirrors in 6 different very big yards. Best bet would probably be ebay. If or when I do see one it will probably be sun faded you think? I will still search for you though my friend. Which model years are you looking for exactly or does it not matter?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have a P10 mirror, but the mirror part looks like it's separating. You can see it in my for sale thread (it's towards the bottom of the first post). http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?165410-WTS-WTT-parts-for-sale Please forgive the lack of images, I haven't updated the post since Photobucket suspended 3rd party sharing. Anyway, I have a B13 trim cover that did not fit my P10, so it probably won't fit your P11. There is also a B13 at the salvage yard that I can check for parts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts