Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone on here has any experience customizing interiors with vinyl wraps. I ordered a 24" X 48" sheet oh the Mahogany at rvinyl. The link is below if you want to check it out:

http://www.rvinyl.com/Wood-Grain-Vinyl-Film-Mahogany.htm

I plan to do some trim work on the door panels of my 99t, and if all goes well, I will do some dash trim work and steering wheel work as well.

I wanted to get some opinions on different types and brands to see how the material I got matches up against competitors. I have seen a lot of 3M wood grain wraps on ebay, but I am not sure about the texture, flexibility, and gloss. I have found them all to be relatively the same pricing online, so I almost assume there is no real quality gap between them.

Also, if anyone has any installation tips, it would be greatly appreciated. I have my panels pulled out of my G right now and I'm waiting on USPS to get the sheet to me.

I love doing custom interior work on my vehicles, but this will be my first attempt at wood grain vinyl wrap. I hope to keep this thread alive with updates, and I will continually post project progress as it comes.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry I haven't had a chance to post anything yet guys, but I got all 4 of the door panels and the shifter surround finished. I'm currently doing the stereo and cluster trim, and I should have that completed tonight. I'm traveling this weekend, so I will try to get some pics up here while I'm on the road. If not, then next week for sure!

I may start doing this for anyone on the forum who likes the look.. I've spent a total of 70 hours on it so far and had to re-do several sections, but I think I have down the perfect combinations of prep work, materials, and I built up a nice inventory of supplies to do this stuff. It's not as easy as it seems, especially when you involve grain patterns and curved areas.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you all think about my work.

· Registered
805 Posts
It's not as easy as it seems, especially when you involve grain patterns and curved areas.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you all think about my work.
+1 I am also looking forward to seeing your work! Also, that is why I avoided grain patterns since this will be my 2nd time ever wrapping multiple surfaces, so I'm quite the novice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts