Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP...Its summer in Florida and my 93.5 g20 Air Conditioner died last week. Began getting "weak" (not so cool) a few months back, and finally last week blew warm air when on - except for short stint of cold when driving at high speed. A/C shop replaced the leaking high pressure compressor hoses, recharged. Blew ice cold air...then after a bit...warm air again...then cold..etc. Took back to shop. They spent full day attempting to find problem - with schematics, test eqpt, etc. Replaced a "relay" that felt warm to them. I got in car...warm air, then cold, then warm, etc. - no fix, ugh. At least they didn't charge me this time. HELP...any ideas? Some time ago I had an Acura compressor clutch solenoid go bad, similarly...but they say its an upstream problem...and they checked all they can think of. Seems like this should be more straightforward. They are willing to try again. Could they have messed something up with hoses...this seems a new problem....hoses are not OEM, but made locally.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had a similar problem on my 1993.5 P10 where the A/C would blow cold then quit. The heart of the problem was the temperature sensor inside the car. This is a board on the left side of the A/C unit inside the car with a couple of wires on it. There is a circuit board, and on my car, there was a broken solder joint. I resoldered it, and never had the problem again. I don't remember whether there was a relay or a switch on the circuit board, but it is in series with the A/C compressor clutch.

Jerry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts